win7 cant map network drive

If you are willing to re-install I can send you some links for Win7 ultimate and BIOS emulation patcher

MS are sh!t i have spent ages on their help forums and they just refuse to admit that home premium is not capable as shipped to do basic xp networking

in the post this morning :) I'll see if the delivery driver will take it and then you should have it tomorrow....

I decided I would put it on a usb first (big mistake) I keep getting this error " bootsect.exe is not compatible with the version you are running so no usb. I will try the version you supplied when i have backed everything up, I need to get more dvds to do this first

if you create the disk I sent you into an ISO and use Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.2.4, it will defo work as an ISO/USB installation file as use it all the time my self....

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Installing now let you know when finished

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk

Keeps saying error files missing cannot install windows a cd/dvd drive device driver is missing etc i have pointed it at the driver folder but it says no driver found

It will not boot now keeps going into repair mode but will not repair

Error code 0X80070017 windows cannot install required files may be corrupt or missing

Boot config is corrupt error 0X490

Have managed to reinstall my old version of win7 home premium

Still downloading updates before it will try the upgrade to ultimate

Ultimate will not install it keeps asking for cd/dvd drivers or hdd driver

the good news is though now I have reinstalled win7 home premium and spent since this morning doing updates it does now map network drives as easily as windows xp so that is result

Last edited:
Back