Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

win7 cant map network drive

edogg

Inactive User
well I got my 16" win7 laptop back this morning I have searched the internet and applied all the registry changes but I still cant get it to map my samba shares on my raspberry pi and my vu duo

can any give me any help other that installing either xp or win7 premium

can you ping the devices from your laptop? have you got a password set up on the laptop?

can you ping the devices from your laptop? have you got a password set up on the laptop?

Hi yes I can ping it 2ms none lost I dont have a password setup on the laptop I had my xp set up with 2 shares 1 for raspberry pi and 1 for the duo but cannot get the win7 home premium to see either of the devices

go to map network drive and then put the ip address of the device in for example \\192.168.1.10 and then click browse.....

sorry about the delay in replying but tapatalk failed to connect
anyway I have tried everything to map and all it finds is my laptop but it wont even connect to that it says windows cannot connect to 198.162.@.@ check the name or spelling otherwise there might be a problem with your network when i click diagnose it cant find the problem I have tried every solution on the web patching the registry didnt work

Put a password on your laptop and try again to map them. And of course restart everything.. Routers. Etc. What happens when you try mapnetwork using \\192.168.1.* and click browse...?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Can you connect to the Pi from other devices ?

Two quick things, I believe userid and passwords are case sensitive in Linux (which I believe the Pi is running).

Also try turning off the firewall on both the windows PC and the Pi if it has one.

Put a password on your laptop and try again to map them. And of course restart everything.. Routers. Etc. What happens when you try mapnetwork using \\192.168.1.* and click browse...?

I get the error above which ever way I try

Sent from my GT-I9100

Can you connect to the Pi from other devices ?

Two quick things, I believe userid and passwords are case sensitive in Linux (which I believe the Pi is running).

Also try turning off the firewall on both the windows PC and the Pi if it has one.

Yes I can connect to the pi with my xp laptop and my duo as for the password it never gets as far as asking me for the password, the pi is a public share the fire wall made no difference

yip... or I have a patch that you could use and change it to "ultimate" etc.... might save you all the hassle of re-installing and upgrading....

yes please i would like to try that I already patched the registry with LMcompatabiliy dword = 2 and that hasnt worked for me

pm on it's way.... ;)

Disable your anti virus etc. of course and then try patching it to "ultimate"

yes please i would like to try that I already patched the registry with LMcompatabiliy dword = 2 and that hasnt worked for me

I think this is only required if linux box tried to connect to windows PC, not the other way round.

thanks mowax i think it has patched it but it still wont map the network drive still giving the same error

hmm. might not have all the files, can send you a version of windows if you like ;) and use with the "patcher" and make it "ultimate"........

hmm. might not have all the files, can send you a version of windows if you like ;) and use with the "patcher" and make it "ultimate"........

OK i will try that I had to use a lot of keys before I found one that worked though in the oem's

pm me your addy and I'll drop one in the post tomorrow and then when you install run the program that you just downloaded and activate as ultimate :) then do all the updates.... ;) or I can stick it on the FTP if you prefer.

Then when your happy with it for testing go out and buy a version ;)

Last edited:
Thanks pm on the way wish i had bought ultimate in first place but it was a medion upgrade from vista home

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk

Back