Win Xp fact or Myth

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if it is true but there is a rumour going around about Windows XP.
If you don't have original Win xp which I'm sure no one here does "wink, Wink" and are soft enough to go to the microsoft site, a file will be downloaded onto your computer. This file slowly starts making windows not work that well I.E Drivers being removed, programs crashing, slow boot up, stuff like that.

I know a few people who have said when they tried to update windows and failed there computer over time started to go weird. I have the original so I'm not that bothered but I think it's quite cool if microsoft are doing that.

Thats if the rumours are true, anyone heard anythink.

bull about removing drivers the file it downloads is called LegitCheckControl.dll
but this has been fixed so we can continue to download all the updates
naughty naughty microshift trying to stop us having the new xp sp2 os

I think it's good that they are fighting back. Don't mean that they will win.

cg010169 said:

i think your in the wrong place m8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cg010169 said:

is this you by any chance

I'm not Bill Gates nor do I work for any software company.
I've used dodgy software in the past who hasn't, it's quite easy to get if you know where to look on the net.
The point I was making is that as a business you can see why mircosoft would do it. But hackers will always be one step in front. Thats the way of the world these days.

i dout its true, becaue ive used orginal microsoft O/S PC's and they to do have some slow, crash, etc problems

Back