Win 7 advanced issue

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please help

I know that this should be in the PC sections but I was after a really fast fix is poss for this problem.

Currently running Win 7 Pro @ work as a test machine this will be enterprise in the end but thats not important right now.

We have many diffrent accounts for various applications that we need to log in and out off at lots of points in the day the issue is when logging into an application the right of that account seem to take over the whole machine even if you are logged into the machine as a higher user.

does anyone have a fix or have any input into this at all

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I assume you are talking about using RunAs or something else as I don't understand what you mean by 'logging into an application'.

Check task manager, it will tell you which ID is running each process.

yes thats right, using the run as option on diffrent programs causes the issues, it seems as though when we do a run as on say AD the policys that apply to that user account take over the whole machine causeing us other issues.

Is there a way to keep the policys of the run as user applied only to the program that you are trying to run ?

a perfect example I guess is that we have diffrent admin levels so when altering anything in AD you would run as the admin account, of course when doing this the policy takes over the logged on user, so if that user had internet access the admin account would know that off as well as maby any network drives.

I hope Im getting my point across, its driving me insane.

Last edited:
We use runas function and afaik, apps are only running under that user ID. Often used for things like admin consoles. But even when running things like explorer I have not seen user rights 'take over' the rest of the apps. The close instance I have seen is when for example you start excel under one ID and then double click a XLS with another ID it will open in the already running instance of Excel.

Back