Build advice Will this play Minecraft?

Can't comment as to whether or not it'll run Minecraft, but with a spec like that it bloo*y well should!!

And don't worry about the high P&P, simply subtract that amount from your top bid- like everyone else does! Tight ar*e seller trying to save a few pennies on commission.

Edit: Just spotted that the listing includes a 42" TV, perhaps the P&P charge isn't that bad after all!

Last edited:
This will run minecraft no problem.

But not sure if I would trust this something feels iffy to me if it is the spec as suggested in the listings this would of sold straight away the titan cards second hand would fetch for more then this whole system in fact one of the cards would fetch for around £400-500 doing quick sale also all this kit in a sh**ty antec twelve hundred case is puzzling then that tv screen hooked up to this rig no way.

Nice kit. That looks more like a 32", not a 42" monitor though?

i think the op posted it "tongue in cheek", btw the guy will accept cash on collection..

That PC just fetched £1965!! 20 years ago we could have paid that for a 486 lol!

That PC just fetched £1965!! 20 years ago we could have paid that for a 486 lol!

I paid £1400 and some change for a 386 with doss 5 when they first came out. I remember asking how much the price would be with 4 megabyte ram instead of 2 and his reply was “what would you even do with 4 Megs, you don’t need it.”

not sure about 60mb, maybe more like 16mb

Think my best friend got a 386 PC about a year before I got my first PC, early 90s. It was a 486sx 25, pretty sure it had 250 mb hard disk and 4mb ram. Upgraded to a Pentium and more ram a few years later so I could play Diablo. Happy days!

I still have an 8088 laptop in the loft somewhere with no hard disk at all.

Always been an early riser and old age made it worse. I used to be hooked on space invaders otherwise never been much of a games person. I’ve always been fascinated by how a computer works and the operating system it uses.

The 386 was the first and last new computer I bought, ever since then I’ve been building my own.

OK, so getting back to the OP, how much do you reckon that would have cost to build?

I have tinkered with old kit I've managed to pick up here & there, but usually find I would toil to build a 'new' PC for much less than the cost of a ready-made one. Lazy I know- there is satisfaction to be had from DIY-ing :)

...but usually find I would toil to build a 'new' PC for much less than the cost of a ready-made one. Lazy I know- there is satisfaction to be had from DIY-ing :)

I would go along with that. From about 1994-2004 I built them for myself and family members. I think you did save money then and it was a rewarding and educational hobby, but the last one I did was a high-specced gaming machine for one of my boys. It was the first one I'd done with the new SATA connectors and was a pig to get working. It also dawned on me that I could have saved myself a lot of grief and got a similar spec for less money retail. Never again.

(but I had learned a lot along the way.)

Back