Wii Key Chip ??

cossiedavyd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Ive ordered a Wii Key chip off the web from modchipfitters. Is there a guide on how to install it and is it just a matter of soldering the chip on or does it need to be programmed??

Thanks

do you know if you have a D2B with pins cut?

here is one without
wiikey-soldeer.jpg

and here is one with pins cut
2007.07.31.Wiikey.(barepins).JPG

another guide is here

install-wiikey-cn.gif

and then YES, you will need to update the chip to 1.9g, (covered in sticky section m8)

any probs, give me a shout.

Hi

Ive ordered a Wii Key chip off the web from modchipfitters. Is there a guide on how to install it and is it just a matter of soldering the chip on or does it need to be programmed??

Thanks

also, on their site, there is a guide and video too.

My serial starts 122 so i think the pins are not cut. What sticky mate. Ive read the homebreew one but thought that was regarding a different chip ?

sorry to hijack, but along similar lines. just had my chip delivered. got the opening up wii guide, and read the sticky on programming the chip. so - shall i update my wii first before installing the chip? it hasn't been on in ages, so i know for sure it'll need an update.

also, in the sticky for the wii key updating, the last post mentions when inserting the dvd-r, and running it via the gamecube icon that appears, and then using the gamecube controller...is that part necessary as i dont have one!

Update your wiikey first then update the wii fw, try using the reset button quick presses to move through the options and hold the reset for a second to to select it and you may get out of using the the GC controller.
use the wiikey 1.3 to set it to all region and save
then do the 1.9g update
the use the wiikey 1.3 again to reset the region
then update the wii to the latest FW

cheers mate, might give this a bash later depending if the triwing screwdriver arrives.

Take alook here might give you bit of help with the install

hXXp://www.ps2-scene.org/m37r01d/Wiikey%20review.html

Please change XX to tt

cheers, excellent little guide there! triwing didn't arrive, must be monday, will post back with hopefully a smooth sailing install!

thanks for the tips. got the wii open, and was a little worried by the tiny solder points, but gave it a bash anyway, and went pretty smoothly. fw updated to 1.9 fine using the reset button instead of gc controller, however cant use the config disc, need a controller for that.

tested a few discs already, all work fine, thanks for the help!

Well done m8 nice work i would not worry to much if is palying backup games ok
as the config disk is only to set it to region free and slower the speed of the drive
and I would say you much safer sticking to PAL games anyhow

cheers, it went surprising smoothly. freestyled it a bit with the instructions for installation of the chip. i eneded of stripping old phone wire, tinning the copper threads, and making little pins out of that to put onto the larger solder points. for the four smaler solder points, i just used solder to the chip, far simpler.

yup, have been sticking to pal discs, no problems so far, thanks for your help!

Back