wii backups

it is recommended to burn at lowest possible speed.

Photo0008.jpg

I did driver for my wii and this is what i get i took a pic so you can see it asked me to updated am i do something wrong it is pal. any help appretiated as i am new to this is there any way i can just drag and drop it to wii?

TBH, I stopped using DVD a while back (especially as the latest wii don't read DVD-R) and moved to using a USB HDD. You can pick them up for £20 to £30 quid and big enough to hold 50 or more games. No more fluffing around with DVD.

There is a tutorial in the stickies.

When you download a Wii ISO file use any brickblocker program first. before you write it to disc, this will remove any updates from the games and stop your Wii getting bricked and also stop the update message.

There are a couple of programs around I used to use Wii Update Manager before I stopped using discs and put everything on a USB HDD. As Oneman says it's a lot easier to use a USB HDD for games, you just pick the game from a menu and it plays.

Here is Wii Update Manager it takes seconds to sort each ISO file.

you should also have priloader installed to block online updates and disk updates.

when doiwnloading iso's look for "scrubbed" iso's.
these have all these nasty surprises removed..

i used to use nero for everything but just lately i have been using image burn and like allready said its free wnd works well on film, movies and xbox360 games.

Thank you for all replys. Just 1 question the Wii Update Manager it only goes to 3.4 and my wii is 4.3E is still ok to use. Thanks for all your help.

Thank you for replies. Just 1 question on the Wii Update Manager it ask for your wii system info and mine is not on the drop down mine is 4.3E so what do i put instead sorry for being a pain. Ihave been reading alot but cannot find this info.

Regards Kim

When you first run the program just choose the highest firmware, it's of no consequence.

The method I use is this,

1) - Browse and select the ISO file.
2) - Click "read infos"
3) - Click "Analyse Risk"
4) - Click "Brick Block"

Done

You can repeat steps 2 & 3 just to check if it actually removed the update.

Using "brick block" button that removes all firmware updates. Thats the safest way. It also means you don't need to have preloader installed on your wii, which has been known to brick a few consoles, and saves having to only download scrubbed games.

Just remember to never update your Wii using the console itself, it it tells you there's an update just don't do it.

Last edited:
Back