wii backups that contain updates!!

micky0908

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get these to work on there softmodded wii, I been trying for a few weeks now with no luck, mine is on firmware 3.2e with starfall installed, I have tested and removed the update from the iso using Wiu 1.1 and brickblocker v1.3r2, then re-tested the iso it reports no backup contained but when I try it in the wii I just get an error and its says remove disc and power wii off??

Regards

Mick

Thanks for the replys chaps, the games are shaun white snow boarding, mario and sonic olympics and family ski, I am using dvd-r disc all other games I have tried work fine apart from these

thanks

I'm on the same as you by the sound of it (3.2 with starfall installed) and have had no problems with mario and sonic olympics or family ski.

A mate of mine had trouble with these games and more and i updated the backup channel for him (his was installed a while back) and all was sorted.

You could try that. Its worth a shot.

JB.

Sorry to crash into your thread micky but i was wondering something similar. I have bought a chipped wii(no idea what chip it is) and super smash bros brawl is asking to update. Should i?
Apologies again micky

Last edited:
cheers for reply JB how did you update the channel and what version did it update to

thanks

I used the wadmanager 1.3 to load "backup launcher v3 with forced Pal60" from English's post (can't remember which one exactly but it was easy enough to find).

I think it was in his "downgrade to 3.2" post???

Its worth a try as it sorted my mates out a treat.

JB.

cheers for that mate will have a look for it and give it agocheers for reply JB I am on backup launcher 0.3 gammer ios249 in this the correct one as I can,t find the post you are talking about, dunno if its the forced pal60 one

thanks

mick

Last edited:
Thinking about it Mick,

I used the files in the downgrade post to get his wii to 3.2 then installed all the files in that wadmanager.
This is the one i used: BackupLauncher_03g_Wiiish_v3_EN_Force_Pal60.wad

JB.

thanks for that JB just got your pm gonna try that now mate will let you no if it works

cheers

mick

got it sorted thanks for all your help JB I just installed the cIOS249-IOS36-rev07 fix and it works a treat

cheers mate

Last edited:
Back