Wii 4.3E Softmod - new dated steps?

petar0001

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello to all! I am new member and Nintendo Wii user. Here I can see "power" of community Nintendo user. It is highly commendable and great for all of us.

After hours of searching how to softmode my Nintendo 4.3E, I am still confused. Because, I didn't find step-by-step guide for "new way" softmode with letter bomb from please_hackmii_com. All guides are old dated and different written. Can someone wright sequence of steps with NAND backup and blocked updates from Nintendo?

Best way now is modmii, there is a song link to it in download section.
Modmii is an interactive missing wizzard, very simple to use.
It will generate a custom tutorial for you depending on your specific needs.
Give it a go and post if you have any question s or are unsure of anything..:)

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

buzzer, thank you for your fast and excellent answer. Woww, this is very nice. New for me. But, I need to buy or rental original game for softmod. And I need to play game :) I bought wii for children I would rather to skip playing game. Do you think that letter bomb is not good yet or? I think that is easier for me to softmod with letter bomb. later, I need to install all addons (modmii guide + software pack is excellent) but don't know how to collect this apps after softmod.
Also, how to do it? For example: 1. Install (which?) aplication for backup (NANd), 2. letter bomb to softmod, 3. Install what? How to protect wii from updates on Nintendo site? Thanks

Modmii will include everything you need.

Letter bomb or whichever hack is appropriate to you as well as apps.

you do not need a game to mod any wii nowadays, that what the letterbomb does.

like i said, have a look at modmii first. :)

buzzer, yes, I am impressed with modmii, even had updates :) You wrote guide which include #hack type "bomb"# but modmii from download section does not have option for letter bomb downloading. So, what is my first step; make backup and letter bomb? After that installing addons? I am really confused. But I am not only one. You can see many peoples with questions like me and there is no right and direct answer.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah games like Indian Jones or Zelda are for old times like me. Lol

I still have both games as they made me a little money back in the day.

IF i ever get asked to mod a Wii again i promise i will write an updated tut using letter Bomb. :)

Ray

it does m8, i thik they have changed the name of modmii, but still the same..

the problem with the guides is that the ios get updated.

the guide will give u an idea of how to use modmii.

give it a go and see what happens.. ;0

Last edited:
MOAMB, mod my wii :) and you don't need to write quide for me :). I am reading that all of you have great experience and you are cool. But me, I just bought console and I do not want to throw it in the garbage....I do not have enough experience in this because I had just a few days ago for the first time met with wii. So I want to be sure in this steps.....Also, I can't found to buy 2GB SD card anywhere.....Min. I can buy is 4 GB :) I will need to order it from ebay. And need to wait new guide for letter bomb for 4.3E.....Thanks

Finally, I bought Panasonic SD 2GB card, class 4. I hope that this card will be ok. What do you think?

if your wii is on 4.3 then i think you can use any size sd card to mod it.

with older wii's a non-sdhc card is required..

not 100% sure though...

yes, my wii is 4.3E. I red somewhere that max. allowed card is 2 gb, so, that is non-sdhc.....From 4gb are sdhc cards....I saw on wikipedia list of sd compatibility cards with loading hbc, bootmii....

I have plan to do it tonight. But something bother me. I've made internet connection via wi-fi, made Connection 1. And I do nothing else. Does Nintendo made automatically update without my knowledge, without asking me? Is it possible and how I can check it?

It wont update without your permission. Goto settings and look in the top right corner. It will tell you your version number.

Uf :) I am not at home now but last night I saw the same firmware = 4.3 E. So that is way to check update? Thanks for help.

4.3 is the latest firmware,
Once its softnodded you can block online and disk updated through priloader.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

I have a new horizontal white family pack nintendo wii, 4.3E (1 month old but near the serial number "KEH104470XXX" I can see "copywright 2006 Nintendo") and trying to softmod with letter bomb without game using tutorial from this site. I have doubt with this screen on nintendo: Install Bootmii as Boot2 (boot2 may not be available, IOS installs automatically). Do I need to install Install Bootmii as Boot2 and Install Bootmii as IOS or only one of this? I saw somewhere that I must not install IOS because the possible brick??

instal it as as boot2, then istal as ios.

having boot,ii as boot means you can access bootmii from a bricked wii and restore your nand. (assuming you backed it up)

Yes anyone backing up the Wii shud always back up with boot2.

If i had read earlier you would have been welcome to send it to me and i would have done it for you. You would have just had to pay postage and i would have done tut too.

Hope you have done it ok m8

Back