wii 3.1 e how to homebrew without games disc reader broken

satpink

Inactive User
Reaction score
sorry if its a silly question got a wii with firmware 3.1e on it, disc reader broken can it be modded to read from a hdd, all games apps on a hdd, done a bit of research & looks like i need to have run at least one of the games for the hacks?

also got a hard modded 4.1e that id like to be able to run games from a hdd

Wasn't having any luck with it on version 3.1e so updated to 4.3e, downloaded all files with modmii & copied them to sd card, but nothing shows up in sd saved data? It doesn't do anything automatically like it says? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

what size of sd card are you using, best to use a non sdhc card.

can u list the files you copied to sd card?

its a kingston 2.0gb sd card i bought it back in the day it says for wii on it, so im sure its compatiable

apps folder
boot.elf
boot.mii folder
bootmini.elf
IOS36-64-v3351.wad
mmmconfig.txt
ModMii_Wizard_Guide.html
ModThemes folder
private folder
WAD folder
WAD2 folder

what you need to do is

1. run modmii
2. select wiibrand diskless exploit
3. put in the correct mac address

then when you put the sd card in wii and fire it up you need to go into messages and look for the red envelope , open it up and hey presto...
watch this vid, explains it better than me.. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ps letter bomb and wiibrand are much the same. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ive done all that fired up the wii but it does nothing? i went into the saved data bit, clicked on sd card tab, but it shows nothing? should i use the letter bomb then instead?

you need to go into wii message board (envelope icon, bottom right of screen) and look for the red envelope.

its usually on the day before.

the files on sd card will not show up in saved data as the wii is not looking for these files and ignores them

Lol I figured it out, I got the red envelope, I'd deleted the modmii stuff & put the letter bomb stuff on, anyway I've got the homebrew on, just need to put rest of the stuff on, thanks for the help

Back