WiFi wifi extender

asco43

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
has anyone used and set up a netgear hw3000

I have not used the netgear hw3000 however i can highly recommend the Coredy E750.

If you are setting the netgear hw3000 up it should essentially be a similar setup. I believe you should be able to set as AP or repeater. This is done from the setup page (I believe 192.168.100.1 or something similar to that)

I believe they are very plug and play. on that particular device you should be able to program in the network by using the WPS button and it will automatically connect and start repeating.

The model recently placed near me (TP-LINK RE210 AC750) can unfortunately affect the wifi on my mobile making it reconnect a lot. I confirmed and verified this when the problem cleared after switching the extender off and almost instantly re-appeared when I switched it back on again.

If you're unable to be wired and unable to move the main wireless router to a more central location or move your equipment closer, wifi extenders can be helpful.

You can always look at a few (or many as there are many to choose from) to compare and check for any reviews before buying but I would have thought if used correctly, most (whichever you choose) should be fine for your needs.

Just remember when using a wifi extender, they need to be in a location that can decently pick up the signal and be in between the router and the item you are using or the area you require the signal. If you are going to place the extender in a similar location where the signal is poor, the signal will not be improved as the extender will be receiving just as much of a poor signal. ;)

ROBsLab :cool:.

Back