Wifes got crabs

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife has 2 more 'vampire' crabs (Geosesarma), the original two we had both died whilst trying to moult from their shells.

I made a new 'crabitat' from cat litter of all things. It has to be the natural clay type (Fullers Earth), mixed it with water and a mixture of bark, husk, and soil. When it gets to a consistency where you can mould it it's ready. I made tunnels and burrows with it and the great thing is that as long as it doesn't dry out too much you can continue to mould it and adjust it.

I also bought a reptile heat mat and put it under the tank to try and help keep the temp warm.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
Loving the title of the thread mate :Laugh:
the crab is really pretty in colour :) they expensive ?

christ i thought it was a joke, they look well cool

Loving the title of the thread mate :Laugh:
the crab is really pretty in colour :) they expensive ?

They are £14 each or 2 for £25. It's the rest of the kit that costs the money. These were free replacements for the other 2 she had.

Took a few tinny's before i would look at this thread...lol..she has nice crabs...!

Couple more pics, one of them ate a mealworm last night but camera wasn't ready.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
the mealworms take more looking after than my Gecko lol
go you gutload the mealworms ?

They look well smart, might treat the mrs to crabs ;)

the mealworms take more looking after than my Gecko lol
go you gutload the mealworms ?

We didn't realise until this morning. The wife put some apple peel in and it vanished. We just put some potato peelings in and they ate that too.

I feed my meal worms
potato
apple
any green, cabbage,Brussels (not salad) a little cucumber
carrot
weetabix
crushed bran,porridge,fish food

I save my plastic milk bottle lids and put there food in them saves mess :) the goodness the mealies eat is the goodness your crab will get :)

mealies.jpg

I got this from a pound shop to keep them in :) on a bed of fruity oats so it always smells fresh as long as its not too deep they cant clim up the smooth sides ;)

hope theres some tips there for ya :)

the title of this thread has had me in stiches and the crabs are fuking awesome to boot LMAO man they look like they are from another planet brilliant stuff

Back