Why still Sky Travel?

crazy

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi

How come on freeview even though it is now Sky 3 not Sky Travel on the EPG shows as Sky Travel.

Just wondering?

I was wondering that too. It shows you all the listings for Sky Three, yet its still called Sky Travel.

I know, its stange you'd think they'd be able to change it? I think iTV4 is the same.

I rarely watch ITV4. I only put it on if they are showing UEFA Cup or Live Boxing. All of the other programmes are a bit rubbish

I know what you mean, I have TW cable but they don't carry it yet, a lot of people moan about it but I don't know why there not missing mucj!

Some regulation apparently, which is taking time to sort out. It's ridiculous red-tape in any case.

wullie_b said:
I rarely watch ITV4. I only put it on if they are showing UEFA Cup or Live Boxing. All of the other programmes are a bit rubbish

Hey Lads dont dish ITV4 - for us 40 somethings its like time travel :banana:

Yeah but for the Young ones its quite boring

Although I watch Sleepwalkers, which is on at 10:30pm on a Thursday. Thats quite good

i thought itv1 was for the 40 + , heartbeat , miss marple ,rosemary & thyme (which is the most ludicris programme of all time ) , its got to be the worst itv channel going

ITV4 is great on a Boxing night, and ITV1 is great for Champions League football (for those who don't have sky)

Can't really complain about either

Well i like itv3 as it shows american idle which is a laugh plus i like bbc3 which repeats eastenders on the nights it is on.I wouldnt mind if skyone or vh1classics comes to freeview soon.That will be cool. : mr ed :

Yeah that's right wullie_b.The simpsons or wwf wrestling.Would enjoy that. :FRIGHT:

Sky have said that Sky one will never be on Freeview. Sky 3 is used to entice people to get Sky Digital, its bascially one big advert to persuade people to get Sky.

wullie_b said:
Its not persuaded me. The only thing I've ever watched on it is Oliver Beene LOL

Futurama? 24? Jake 2.0? Tru Calling? Revelations? Dream Team? Britain's Hardest? Regular Factual Documentarys?

seems to be a good selection of programming to me, but i guess its all a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
crazy said:
Sky have said that Sky one will never be on Freeview. Sky 3 is used to entice people to get Sky Digital, its bascially one big advert to persuade people to get Sky.

Good god. sky will have to do better than sky 3 to entice people to sky digital. how about following channel 4's footsteps and making one of their premium movie channels free.

I emailed Sky after Christmas over the whole Sky Three EPG Naming thing.

In a reply from Customer Services I was told that they were in discussions with National Grid Wireless (formerly Crown Castle) who own and run the Multiplex to get it changed.

Something about it doesn't ring true. NGW are normally able to make any changes that happen, on the day they take effect from. NGW have been known not to actually create live feeds and Channels for new channels until as late as 2 hours before in the case of More4+1.

Heady->

Just did a rescan and now sky three is called sky three, finally!

Back