Why do people watch television dramas?

I agree with Wiz, slightly harsh reaction and the poor girl has kept her cool thru it all.

If u don't like it, don't comment. It's just a more modern way to get research these days - look how long most the DW usual suspects hang about on here thru the day - everyone lives online

While I agree with those sentiments to a degree I would also argue that it's an inevitable outcome in any online environment, DW 'usual suspects' or not.

I confess I thought the original post was a bit cheeky and, perhaps, even a bit 'spammy' so I'm glad I didn't shoot and ask questions after.

However, the questions raised have been well answered and the thread is proving more interesting as more information comes into play.

Personally, I will be thanking the OP :)

Maybe we could all look for someone who fits the bill and pass on the survey link?

Last edited:
I confess I thought the original post was a bit cheeky and, perhaps, even a bit 'spammy' so I'm glad I didn't shoot and ask questions after.

lolol

The quintessential kettle calling the pot black

Sorry m8 but c'mon :D

While I agree with those sentiments to a degree I would also argue that it's an inevitable outcome in any online environment, DW 'usual suspects' or not.

However, the questions raised have been well answered and the thread is proving more interesting as more information comes into play.

Personally, I will be thanking the OP :)

Maybe we could all look for someone who fits the bill and pass on the survey link?

Thanks very much! I'm not just trying to spam forums with my link although it might seem like it, I'm genuinely interested in what people think of my research. I am also using the forum discussions as part of my research to try and enrich my data and try and make up for the gaps that may be in it. :Biggrin2:

Thanks very much! I'm not just trying to spam forums with my link although it might seem like it, I'm genuinely interested in what people think of my research. I am also using the forum discussions as part of my research to try and enrich my data and try and make up for the gaps that may be in it. :Biggrin2:

@Jenny288 The fact that you are taking on board comments and you intend to include this in your thesis is commendable and despite some of us voicing our reservations about your research you have answered those accusations politely and stuck with it.
You have shown that you accept the limitations and the affect that will have on the outcome, so as I am not of the specific demography that you require I will say "Sorry I cannot help you" but I wish you luck with your endeavours and I hope you get the required response you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jenny288 The fact that you are taking on board comments and you intend to include this in your thesis is commendable and despite some of us voicing our reservations about your research you have answered those accusations politely and stuck with it.
You have shown that you accept the limitations and the affect that will have on the outcome, so as I am not of the specific demography that you require I will say "Sorry I cannot help you" but I wish you luck with your endeavours and I hope you get the required response you need.

Thanks very much! Due to the interest in the subject that has been shown by other age groups I have chosen to open this up to everyone. This way I can do a comparison between ages and also discuss whether it was the right option to restrict the ages in the first place.

The worry now is that I've annoyed so many people by restricting the age groups originally that I wont be able to get enough data...I'll soon see.

PS. I am now eating a very large portion of humble pie

The worry now is that I've annoyed so many people by restricting the age groups originally that I wont be able to get enough data...I'll soon see.

Well, if they're THAT easily upset their data is probably rubbish anyway lol

Erm, does that mean us old gits can fill in the questionairre now?

:p

@Him Her watches dramas so he can compile lengthy letters of complaint to Points of View on his typewriter. Hitting the keys so hard that you can feel the print on the back of the page.

"Dear Points of View, I was disgusted by the gratuitous display of a woman's ankles before the watershed. I watched the entire program and was very shocked. I watched it again on my video cassette player the following day and almost attained the same level of disgust as my initial viewing. Throughout the proceeding viewings numbers seven to twelve I was slightly less disgusted due to the level of desensitisation setting in..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back