Why do people still keep these dogs?

we,ve been here before and i,l say the same thing i said before, dont blame the dogs blame the owners, its people who fail to train or control there dogs that are the problem, dont ban the dogs, ban the owner who are clueless from having dogs,

and i agree with the post above with regards to staffies, they,ve a better temprement the labradors and thats fact.

secondly theres more alsation attacks every year that any other dog, wheres the press releases for them???? no cos it dont sell papers, its tragic whats happened but front page news on the rags it isnt, they make a big deal out of it to sell there dirty rags which 90% of the time are full of lies or half truths.

bring in dog tests, where the prospective owners of dogs would have to pass tests, that would rule out the retard owners who buy dogs dont train them and wonder why there fooked up.

angry very angry, everyone blaming the dog for something that is not 100% its fault, bet the rags dont say the little lass was pulling its ears etc..does it? very rare a dog of any breed attacks ,unless it feels threatened or is in pain, but that wont sell the rag to you will it, no a headline of devil dog sells it to you though.

dont get me wrong though it is very sad whats happened i dont want to think that people think im heartless as im not but to entirely blae the dog every tie this crap happens is stupid.

owners are the problem,not the dogs....a dog can be taught to do anything if it has been told/trained...hell i trained are rescue staffie not to get cats with a few hours and i ironed a few other creases out that the last owners couldnt (hence rescue dog).

i disapointed a few of you cant see past the headlines and are saying ban/kill the devil dogs etc.... how would you feel if you owned one of these dogs and they suddenly banned them? even if yours hasnt done anything its charged with being dangeous and put to sleep, hell over my dead body would they take any of my dogs who are fully trained,

not all a one sided story and thus far i only saw the negative posts towards dogs so in in defence of dogs,

ban the owners.

still tragic news though.

i totally agree with you there my g/f has a doberman he looks real fookin nasty to the eye even when we take him out people look at him with that look,but actually we go on the local playing feilds with him and everyone loves him little kids n all,The dog has been properly trained at local dog classes yea they cost but it is well worth it,The dog sits until asked to move and manny other things.
It just proves if the dog is trained rite from a young age you will have not problems when it gets to an adult age.....

Mr P

id have to disagree about labradors tbh my dad has kept labs for years he's had about six now as he uses them for gun dogs. not one of them ever even snarled at me as a kid. i have a golden labrador atm he is almost 2 years old i have an 11 month old daughter who climbs all over him she pulls his lips and his ears he doesnt even wake up half the time and if she is really bothering him he goes to lay in his bed. labradors were bread for retrieving fishermans cathes ideal dogs for icy waters. bull terriers mastifs akitas and the like were bread for fighting. therefore its bread into there tempremant. having said that i know loads of people with staffys that are lovly dogs. but that is only because they are trained and cared for properly. at the end of the day dogs are one step away from the mother wolf the chance is there with any dog to turn nasty in defense or otherwise. as tommohawk said its bad ownership not just bad natured dogs.

my wishes go out to the girls family.
taken from dog breeds . com
(The Staffordshire Bull Terriers are have great strength for their size. They are stocky and muscular, but should also be active and agile. The breed is the 5th most popular dog in the UK (its place of origin), and it is the only breed to have the words 'totally reliable' in its breed standard. Furthermore, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is one of only two breeds from over 190 recognized by the UK Kennel Club to have a mention of the breed's suitability with children.)

taken from dog breeds . com
(The Staffordshire Bull Terriers are have great strength for their size. They are stocky and muscular, but should also be active and agile. The breed is the 5th most popular dog in the UK (its place of origin), and it is the only breed to have the words 'totally reliable' in its breed standard. Furthermore, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is one of only two breeds from over 190 recognized by the UK Kennel Club to have a mention of the breed's suitability with children.)

i didnt say staffys arnt nice temprements i said i dont believe that they have better temprements than labradors as i have grown up with them and own one mysel.f and that qoute doesnt say anything about there tempremant being beter than a labrador!

well one from two breeds mentioned says it to me, unless the other one named is the labrador...

Back