Why do people still keep these dogs?

Thats only a couple of miles from where I live.....its a sad sad thing to happen.

I agree though....its unwise for that kind of dog to be around small children.It may be the friendliest dog in the world 99% of the time but it only takes the once.

omg that is just awful and what a beautiful wee girl she was. rip angel.

Terrible news :( cant imagine wat the family is going through.... she looked so sweet too :(

reading stuff like that makes me feel sick

imagine the terror of the poor kid :(

what an awful tragedy.its time these dogs were made unlawful.

who wants to keep one of them anyway. fooking horrible vicious fighting dogs and all should be put to sleep before they even do anything. poor little lass R.I.P

what an awful tragedy.its time these dogs were made unlawful.

i thought they were?
DANGEROUS DOGS ACT 1991
Drafted at speed after string of dog attacks, and much-criticised
Bans breeding and sale/exchange of pit bull terrier, Japanese tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro

Tragic, absolutely tragic. I feckin' hate dogs anyway so to hear something like this makes me sick. You can say dogs like this should be banned from our shores (And they should IMO), but then a girl down the street from me lost half of her top lip to a spaniel, so where do you draw the line?

My thoughts are with the family.

Tragic, absolutely tragic. I feckin' hate dogs anyway so to hear something like this makes me sick. You can say dogs like this should be banned from our shores (And they should IMO), but then a girl down the street from me lost half of her top lip to a spaniel, so where do you draw the line?

My thoughts are with the family.
exactly where do you draw the line?
i hate to see tragedys like this and feel for the parents etc.
but.... the press love it and start drawing in all the other bull breeds making them out to be some sort of devil dogs. (ban them all etc etc etc.)
i have a lovely 4 year old stafford (staffordshire bull terrier) and it is written into his breed caracteristics by the british kennel club that he has a better temprement with kids than a labrador.
so does that mean that labradors are bad too?
another thing to point out is that kids love to prod and poke and drag dogs puppys etc around by the ears. how much does the dog take before it lashes out?
there are a lot of lovely dogs and good owners out there that get dragged down with all this.
sorry if my views offend anyone after this tragedy.

Difficult one. People with small kids, babies should think about owning a dog or at least what type. Feel for the family, though.

we,ve been here before and i,l say the same thing i said before, dont blame the dogs blame the owners, its people who fail to train or control there dogs that are the problem, dont ban the dogs, ban the owner who are clueless from having dogs,

and i agree with the post above with regards to staffies, they,ve a better temprement the labradors and thats fact.

secondly theres more alsation attacks every year that any other dog, wheres the press releases for them???? no cos it dont sell papers, its tragic whats happened but front page news on the rags it isnt, they make a big deal out of it to sell there dirty rags which 90% of the time are full of lies or half truths.

bring in dog tests, where the prospective owners of dogs would have to pass tests, that would rule out the retard owners who buy dogs dont train them and wonder why there fooked up.

angry very angry, everyone blaming the dog for something that is not 100% its fault, bet the rags dont say the little lass was pulling its ears etc..does it? very rare a dog of any breed attacks ,unless it feels threatened or is in pain, but that wont sell the rag to you will it, no a headline of devil dog sells it to you though.

dont get me wrong though it is very sad whats happened i dont want to think that people think im heartless as im not but to entirely blae the dog every tie this crap happens is stupid.

owners are the problem,not the dogs....a dog can be taught to do anything if it has been told/trained...hell i trained are rescue staffie not to get cats with a few hours and i ironed a few other creases out that the last owners couldnt (hence rescue dog).

i disapointed a few of you cant see past the headlines and are saying ban/kill the devil dogs etc.... how would you feel if you owned one of these dogs and they suddenly banned them? even if yours hasnt done anything its charged with being dangeous and put to sleep, hell over my dead body would they take any of my dogs who are fully trained,

not all a one sided story and thus far i only saw the negative posts towards dogs so in in defence of dogs,

ban the owners.

still tragic news though.

i'm not totally against dogs tommo i love them and you're right about some owners dont care and leave them to wonder the streets and left in the back garden all day and night and but pit bulls are vicious fookers and theres no getting away from the fact that no matter how well trained they are they could turn at any time

I agree with thommohawk on this.

It's not normally the dog but the owner and their laziness/ignorance in not training the dog properly from day 1.

I feel for the parents of the little girl and her grandmother who was also attacked.

id have to disagree about labradors tbh my dad has kept labs for years he's had about six now as he uses them for gun dogs. not one of them ever even snarled at me as a kid. i have a golden labrador atm he is almost 2 years old i have an 11 month old daughter who climbs all over him she pulls his lips and his ears he doesnt even wake up half the time and if she is really bothering him he goes to lay in his bed. labradors were bread for retrieving fishermans cathes ideal dogs for icy waters. bull terriers mastifs akitas and the like were bread for fighting. therefore its bread into there tempremant. having said that i know loads of people with staffys that are lovly dogs. but that is only because they are trained and cared for properly. at the end of the day dogs are one step away from the mother wolf the chance is there with any dog to turn nasty in defense or otherwise. as tommohawk said its bad ownership not just bad natured dogs.

my wishes go out to the girls family.

Agree

Too many dangerous dogs out there.
Very bad that people get hurt by them.
They are also unhygenic.

My neighbour called round with presents, her dog cam into house and was stinking.

Yesterday we went visiting, my sister in laws bitch got excited and shit all over the floor, while my mother in laws dog responded by sniffing it all and then wet.

Some people actually let their dogs lick their faces.

Too much !!

Sorry no dogs for me.

Last edited:
we,ve been here before and i,l say the same thing i said before, dont blame the dogs blame the owners, its people who fail to train or control there dogs that are the problem, dont ban the dogs, ban the owner who are clueless from having dogs,

and i agree with the post above with regards to staffies, they,ve a better temprement the labradors and thats fact.

secondly theres more alsation attacks every year that any other dog, wheres the press releases for them???? no cos it dont sell papers, its tragic whats happened but front page news on the rags it isnt, they make a big deal out of it to sell there dirty rags which 90% of the time are full of lies or half truths.

bring in dog tests, where the prospective owners of dogs would have to pass tests, that would rule out the retard owners who buy dogs dont train them and wonder why there fooked up.

angry very angry, everyone blaming the dog for something that is not 100% its fault, bet the rags dont say the little lass was pulling its ears etc..does it? very rare a dog of any breed attacks ,unless it feels threatened or is in pain, but that wont sell the rag to you will it, no a headline of devil dog sells it to you though.

dont get me wrong though it is very sad whats happened i dont want to think that people think im heartless as im not but to entirely blae the dog every tie this crap happens is stupid.

owners are the problem,not the dogs....a dog can be taught to do anything if it has been told/trained...hell i trained are rescue staffie not to get cats with a few hours and i ironed a few other creases out that the last owners couldnt (hence rescue dog).

i disapointed a few of you cant see past the headlines and are saying ban/kill the devil dogs etc.... how would you feel if you owned one of these dogs and they suddenly banned them? even if yours hasnt done anything its charged with being dangeous and put to sleep, hell over my dead body would they take any of my dogs who are fully trained,

not all a one sided story and thus far i only saw the negative posts towards dogs so in in defence of dogs,

ban the owners.

still tragic news though.
nice post and i totally agree thats what i was trying to get across but you did it a lot better :)
my stafford came from sbt rescue too and i was vetted with 3 home home visits and waited months before he arrived,
he was very mistreated, underfed and had sores all over his body. it took me over six months to get him trained to a reasonable standard. he too would chase cats and small animals. he is now my shaddow and follows me everywhere.

Back