Why do I have to delete epg.dat to make a DM800se work.

Kommander

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I ever have to reboot my DM800se I have to delete epg.dat from the HDD after the first reboot then I have to switch off and switch back on again. As long as there is no epg.dat on the hard drive (HDD) the DM will start ok.
The image is a Nemesis 84b svn 2.6 110r0 ramiMAHER combo

confused??? I sure the hell am

Never have to do that myself using an openpli image, maybe image or hdd related

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Re: Qhy do I have to delete epg.dat to make a DM800se work.

I swapped HDD out tonight and it laid another epg.dat down on an empty disk.
Problem is it could be the image but I absolutely love it and I am so used to the Nemesis layout.
It has to be something to do with the epg or crossepg because it lays a new epg.dat down even if crossepg is disabled and it looks like its just the epg data for the 1 channel that its on. Its always around 6771bytes or thereabouts it seems to only write the epg.dat on the root of the HDD when you change channel and it shows you the now & next on screen.
This is a weird one...

Is there anyone else getting this error or have a clue what could cause it?

I don't use a nemesis image, haven't seen this issue on pli or newnigma images. Why not put the EPG on a USB drive then you don't have to let the HDD spin up every time you change channels for EPG.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have crossepg disabled (not uninstalled) but what ever is doing it is doing it to the hdd
I'll go check and change the crossepg to the usb that way i'll see if its crossepg thats doing it.
Good thinking batman oops I mean gsmtech

Be aware also that if you are deleting the epg.dat file you need to stop enigma2 as the epg is actually read from the usb/hdd but temporarily stored in the flash memory while the box is on,
so stop enigma2 first,then delete

init 4 to stop
init 3 to restart

Just to let you know
I switched everything to usb.
There was nothing on the usb and I watched tv for a while switching round channels. Still nothing on usb or hdd.
Then I restarted the unit via the remote. The box hung about 9/10ths (90%) of the way through startup.
I ftp'd to the box and there on the usb stick was an epg.dat (not on the hdd) so I deleted it and it the box started up.
What the hell is going on?
Can anyone tell me an image that is similar to a Nemesis image so I can change to a stable one, i'm getting a VU Duo soon whats standard on them cos I'll have to learn all over again anyway, any recomendations greatly appreciated.

Sorry Wiz I didnt understand the "init" stuff,

Last edited:

The epg.dat file is from the boxes flash memory,when you restart the box it writes the epg cache to the usb stick before it shuts down,

I can only guess that its not playing ball and a reflash is in order

Can An ADMIN Please Edit The Title Of This Thread Please So That It Reads
"Why do I have to delete epg.dat to make a DM800se work."
instead of
"Qhy do I have to delete epg.dat to make a DM800se work." PLEASE?

I've reflashed it a fee times with different versions of 110r0 and also went back to 109 to try that (6 reflashes in total) If I move away from the nemesis flash there is no problem other than me not knowing how that image works eg open pli. but I am so used to the Nemesis navigation plus the ramiMAHER skin is 100% for me. I'd like to try and fix it and I really should have posted this on a forum that produced the build (I think it was S4Fun) but you guys here are usually more technichal and a lot more helpful.

As a last resort just for testing purposes,can you try a different skin,preferably the default one?

There is only the one skin the ramiMAHER one is the default one but I will have a look and see if I can put another one on it

There is only the one skin the ramiMAHER one is the default one but I will have a look and see if I can put another one on it

Ah thats a bummer,sometimes skins are not compatible with all plugins and can therefore cause problems when used

In the middle of about to buy another box as well as this one, so can anyone recomend an image as i'll have to getused to others as I am thinking about a duo or a twin and I havent seen a Nemesis image for any of those boxes.

Get familiar with open pli images. The duo has black hole , pli and vix images available vix is based on pli anyway so it's similar. TM again has a vix image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I'd also say give pli a go, either dbuk or digitalworldz image, both are excellent, I find pli to be very easy to navigate aswell :)

Ah thats a bummer,sometimes skins are not compatible with all plugins and can therefore cause problems when used

I really would like to try and fix this within the Nemesis image, has anyone got a clue 1st how to stop it.
Should I uninstall Crossepg and if I do is there another 7 day epg tool that would work?

I really would like to try and fix this within the Nemesis image, has anyone got a clue 1st how to stop it.
Should I uninstall Crossepg and if I do is there another 7 day epg tool that would work?

You could try disabling crossepg and then using the xmltv import plugin, which uses the rytec sources

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Back