Why can't I update my card???? (via RU)

T

topjohn

:rolleyes: Why can't I not update my Kevlar Gold Card via the remote control using the parental lock? all I get is Enter New Parental Code which is incorrect as it should read Chnage Parental Code and because of this I am unable to enter new codes for august. can anybody help???? :eek:

had same problem mate till boys on ere helped me out.just put codes in anyway as instructed & will work mine did.. :D

Yo Gazer....HELP !!! I've tried it all m8 followed all instuctions on updating my Kevlar card ...it don't work

after I enter the 0000 mine comes back with 'enter new code' at option 1
If i replace the 0000 option with 1111 it says 'change parental code'

BUT when i go ahead and try to update it dont work

Help man i'm dyin here.......

Just do it as it says m8, one step at a time then it will work......print it out, read it then try it....... it works....Gazer.

After you have entered 0000 and it says 'enter new parental code' this is ok. just still key in the numbers but when it says confirm don't put the same code in put the next 4 digits in.
You will see 4 digits on one set then 4 **** then 4 digits and so on.
On the last 4 when it says confirm, press exit.
Hope this helps. ;)

Thanks for your reply Highlander...but still no joy. but get this.... sky one comes on for 10 seconds then disappears into a black screen again.. is this **** makin any sense..

Gettin desperate by the second

RaBBiT

I notice that some members are having a bit of trouble updating Kevlar via remote, so let me help you.
1) Select a channel (I use B*C1)
2) Press the menu button
3) No 3 ( parental lock )
4) Option number 1 should say ( enter new parental code ) so select option 1.
5) Now enter "0000" 4 zero's and press select
6) It should now say: 'please remember your code' (this is correct) press red button.
7) Option number 1 should say 'enter new parental code' again, so select option 1.
8) Now enter the first 4 digits of the code and press select.
9) It should now say: 'please remember your code' (this is correct) press red button.
10) Option 1 should now say 'change parental code' so select option 1, now enter the second 4 digits (will show as ****) and press select, it should say:
'confirm your code' (this is correct).
11) Key in the NEXT set of digits (digits will be displayed) press select. 'please remember your code' 'this is correct'. press red button.
12) Continue with this until all 6 sets of the 4 digit codes are entered.
13) After the last code has been entered press select, and when you are asked to confirm press EXIT.

You now have all channels!
:D :D :D

i`m having the same problem as the others, i put the codes in as u say, but no joy, so i`ve gone back to the old program for the time being.

Where is the problem!

I have updated cards last night on Nokia, Philips and Pace systems without a problem!

Just key in the codes....you cant break the card! If it dont work just keep trying!

If you put in the numbers and it takes you back to the menu just select 1 again and carry on with the rest of the numbers! as long as you get them in order it will work!

As soon as you put in the last set just exit back to the channel and.......BINGO.....FREE TV (DU!) :eek:

i dont know why it doesnt work, but trust me i am doing it exactly as i should be, its just that the channels do not come on after i have pressed exit. Should they be on straight away?

Followed your instructions to the letter highlander and, guess what? It WORKED A TREAT!!! Cheers mate- much appreciated!

Just a guess, but I started the procedure from standby... if you screw up you turn the box off and start again, making sure you turn on into a FTA channel.Maybe this is why some folks don't get it to work???

Thanks bennyx, I forgot to mention the bit about putting the box in stand-by then onto a free to air channel.
I don't know if this is causing the problems but this is the way I got mine to work as well. ;)

i`ve had another go at entering the codes but still no joy, i`ve tried on nokia and pioneer stb`s, i`ve also tried different cards to no avail. what next?

sorry lads, it was my fault. i was using the wrong codes, thats why it wouldn`t work. So if anyone else can`t get it to work, make sure ur using the right codes to start with!

Back