Why can't I manually install??

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've done this loads of times but tonight I'm struggling :(

After a complete system crash (DM500) I'm rebuilding my Nabilosat 0.8.

I've downloaded CCcam 2.0.9 and I've extracted it from the tarball and FTP'ed the .nab file across to /var/tmp, yet when I go into 'manual install' it doesn't see the file!

WTF?!

I'm not sure whether or not I'm hallucinating, but I have a very vague memory that tells me I need to rename the file to some sort of generic name?!

I've done this loads of times but tonight I'm struggling :(

After a complete system crash (DM500) I'm rebuilding my Nabilosat 0.8.

I've downloaded CCcam 2.0.9 and I've extracted it from the tarball and FTP'ed the .nab file across to /var/tmp, yet when I go into 'manual install' it doesn't see the file!

WTF?!

I'm not sure whether or not I'm hallucinating, but I have a very vague memory that tells me I need to rename the file to some sort of generic name?!

Im no expert on this but it is the nabilo compatable CCam ? also i think you are supposed to put it in the TMP folder as a tarbal file.

is the Nabilo server still down? as you could use the blue button and download it from there or is it the yellow button in Nabilo.

Yes mate, it was the Nabilotsat version of CCcam.

I initially tried copying the compressed tarball into the TMP folder but when that failed I decompressed it and tried that.

Last night whilst I was sorting the box the nabilosat server was down (again) so the yellow button wasn't working.

I'll try again today, but I'm still confused as to why the manual install refused to work.

I'll try again today, but I'm still confused as to why the manual install refused to work.

I must admit i cany help u there although i have had it myself that a tarball wont install
could you see that tarball in the manual install page?

@witchy does the file have the correct permissions?

Yes mate, I even followed a wee tutorial for manual installs after it had failed.

I eventuall got connected to the Update Server and let the box auto-install it, so everything is now up and running fine :)

Thanks for all your help guys.

:Clap:

Back