who owns v+ boxes?

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
as you pay £150 or whatever for a v+ box who actualy owns them at the end of the 12 month contract???

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
so whats the payment for?? asumming you already have a valid feed,

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
fair enough, i was under the illusion the lease was included in the monthly payment for services.. but thanks for clearing it up mate..

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
You never actually own any of vm's equipment. Even modems always belong to vm although they often wont collect them and simply ask you to keep them incase you ever reconnect. If you do keep a modem under these conditions then you are agreeing to keep it only for reconection - you do not have the right to sell it !

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
i'm still uncertain as to why they have the rights to ask for what amounts to no more than a donation of £150 for these boxes. sky asks for this kind of money or more for hd boxes but after the subscription ends the box belongs to you...

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I agree with you irratic, they are ripping the piss.

If we are really only renting the box then why don't they add a quid onto our subscriptions for the box instead of billing us £150

davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
who paid £150 for there box??
they r only that much off a engineer ;)
i got a v+/tv drive box from twest and paid nothing

threaten to leave they let u have it

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm still uncertain as to why they have the rights to ask for what amounts to no more than a donation of £150 for these boxes....

They basically class the £150 as a connection and administration fee but, as DavidH mentioned, if you haggle you can often get this fee either reduced or waived altogether.

chesser

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had to pay £60 installation fee and they wouldn't budge on that

I little annoyance I have is that it sometimes cuts the end off of recordings, I have set it to 5 mins before and 10 after but I guess it's when two other things are about to start recording immediatley afterwards, very annoying all the same

TEST