Who Has All Had The Dreaded YLOD

What model of PS3 have you had YLOD on ?

• 40Gb Model

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • 60Gb Model

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • 80Gb Model

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
so we were in agreement from the start lol

Is it normal from time to time the full fan comes on for a bit then goes off? I have noticed it come on when playing Res 5 for awhile, but for some reason comes on more often when playing encharted 2 demo

I have a 40Gb model and had it 3 years this xmas. Never had any issues with GTA COD or WAW but I did notice the fan coming on more often after one of the last update. Dont know if maybe this was something sony done to try cool the machine down more ofter.

But then again prob just all in my head that I notice it more.

As your machine ages the thermal paste on the chips gets less efficient, add to that the inevitable build up of dust and it only stands to reason that things will get hotter quicker and your fans will kick in sooner and harder.

As your machine ages the thermal paste on the chips gets less efficient, add to that the inevitable build up of dust and it only stands to reason that things will get hotter quicker and your fans will kick in sooner and harder.

so give it a good sook every now and then to try help remove the build up ;)

That's what I just said. :)

Not as many people playing killzone though and not as long.

I'm just saying that when I open a PS3 with a YLOD, I'm almost guaranteed that it'll have COD4 or WOW stuck inside, and people usually say "I was playing COD and it jsut switched itself off, I tried to turn it back on and it did this.."

:)

Can you fix the ylod then m8? Good to know if it ever happens to mine.

I think for the reason you stated, soon as technology advances their wont be consoles anymore they will be mini pc's to cope with the heat. It's been shown with the latest gen consoles that fans simply dont cut it.

Back