Which GPS Receiver to buy

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have the hp ipaq hx2750 and thanx to you lot managed to get tomtom on it, unfortunately it doesnt come built in with a gps receiver so was looking around and found this:

h**p://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8590.htm

Just wondered if its any good? or can i get any cheaper ones?
cheers for any help

i would say it seems ok there are other ones on ebay for simlar price

GlobalSat

I have globalsat and I am using on HP IPAQ quite happy with it, check with your IPAQ model if its compatible, i will definately recommend GlobalSat.

Personally I would go for a wired one, one less thing to charge.

this is like the one I have, and works a treat:)

mate scancom was doing them for £35 all in ,its called nexttag gps blutooth reciever,,
hope this helps jai

Definatelly go for wired if your hp takes one unlike 6300 sereies using only blue tooth that eats batterys.. Well my fusion does :(
tonto

I got a Bluetooth solar one from ebay for about 40 quid including postage from HK.

I have a Holux GPSlim 236. Cost about 65 quid off ebay. Not sure if the others do this but you can take the battery out and have it switch on with your ignition. Saves arsing about with it when you get in the car, it works fine hidden away inside the center arm rest.

I do agree with the others about getting a wired one though, no point in BT if you have to plug it into the cig lighter. They're probably no cheaper these days... I use mine with a phone, so no option to use wired.

ive got a holox bt321, its brilliant works in the house and glove compartment..32 channel as well....:Clap:

Cheers for the info

Just to say thanks for the info.New here,amazing guides and advice,
cheers

Back