Which clone is this...

daemonic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive just been given a second hand faulty clone, which i believe is time bombed, i think its a lonrisun model, but no logo stickers inside it, nor is there on the psu unit.

Could anyone confirm which clone it is from the following picture;
IMG_20141203_161440[1].jpg

If theres any other pictures required from better angles, etc, just ask away :)

The sunray clone I have has a mini usb port on back titled "service" or something along those lines and a sticker on top lid near bottom left that states goto dreamoem for support.

Theres no stickers anywhere on the box inside or out (apart from a serial number sticker), and no service usb port either, just a RS232 serial port.

The chip between the card reader and the f-connectors looks different to any images ive seen for different boards also.

Although i think this box may be heading for the bin anyway, as it looks like someone has tried to repair the chip previously and several pads for the flash chip are missing/ripped from the board.

Post a close up in focus pictures if the flash chip. Also not all the chip legs are required so it all depends on which tracks have been lifted. Best thing to do us remove the chip so that you can ascertain the damage.

Also remove the board and have a look Un the underside to see if there are any stickers.

i think its a dragonWorth board. The article shows that the dragonWorth in the circle

IMG_20141203_161440[1].jpg

yes it was dragon worth because this one is ferrari board
IMG_20141102_114115857.jpg

and this image is lorinson board
IMG_20141204_102046429.jpg
your board is different from both
these are..

Cheers guys;
Comparing to other dragonworth pics ive seen the (w) logo looks consistent with then, the chip and oscillator still look different though as ive only seen pics with a single chip in its place?
dragonworth.jpg

As for the flash chip damage im wondering how many pins aren't required;
flash.jpg

Ill get another pic taken later when i get the chip removed.

Ive just compared the broken pads from my pic above with the datasheet for the K9F2G08U0C-SCB0 and if they are the only pads broken, it looks like its only the I/O 1 pin that needs fixing, but it looks like the trace disappears off to the cpu, so would need to scrape the trace and bridge the pin to the trace, out of my realm of expertise there though :(
k9f2g08u0c.png

Oh sad you have breaked almost 17 pins off normally close and 1 I/o pin these all are working pins first of all connect these all pins with small insulated small cable aand after that JTAG board

My understanding of N.C. is "Not Connected", is that not the case?

EDIT:
Yeah i'm right, further on in the datasheet is the legend for pin names and;

N.C NO CONNECTION
Lead is not internally connected.

no daemonic nc stand for normally closed means these pins transfer signal continue when its cpu or micro controller want open these contacts these are working trace these pins line connect away from chip with insulated armature wire if you could not then contact any expert for fix this one,,

I think you replied after my edit, the datasheet itself confirms that it means not connected;

N.C NO CONNECTION
Lead is not internally connected.

So i might get lucky with fixing the 1 pin.

Ive ordered a new flash chip now, so will await its arrival and in the meantime contact my local console repair place to see if they can swap the chips out with their hot air station and perhaps patch the i/o pin at the same time

Back