Which box to get?

Where did you end up getting the box from matey? Just having a scout around for one myself because like you I am a cheap skate lol :proud:

Where did you end up getting the box from matey? Just having a scout around for one myself because like you I am a cheap skate lol :proud:
Got it from satronics. Be careful though, their policy is to dispatch 2 working days after you order.

i dont know anything about lnb holders mate,
that was just a quick ebay search.
is the lnb bracket you quoted compatible with your current minidish?
it says on the listing its only for 80cm dish?

i think you should wait for somebody in the know to reply.

Do I need to get LNB's with dual or quad output if I want to have more than one box? Or can I use LNB's with 1 output and use a Diseq switch to split the feed properly?

You need Dual or quad depending on the amount of box's you want to connect to,as a Diseqc switch doesnt split the signal,

So basically you want a feed from each lnb to a diseqc switch multiplied by the amount of boxes you want to run,so four boxes =four diseqc switchs with a feed from each lnb.

You need Dual or quad depending on the amount of box's you want to connect to,as a Diseqc switch doesnt split the signal,

So basically you want a feed from each lnb to a diseqc switch multiplied by the amount of boxes you want to run,so four boxes =four diseqc switchs with a feed from each lnb.
I thought so. I had a look at a DiSEqC switch the same day and saw there was only 1 output to the box. So I thought I'd have to get multiple switches for each box as well as dual/quad lnb's.

I gotta make sure I follow digidude's tutorial to the letter else im gonna feck up my wires and lnb's.

i dont know anything about lnb holders mate,
that was just a quick ebay search.
is the lnb bracket you quoted compatible with your current minidish?
it says on the listing its only for 80cm dish?

i think you should wait for somebody in the know to reply.
Not a prob mate, i'll check before I buy. First thing for me is to get a null modem cable and flash my box.

Not a prob mate, i'll check before I buy. First thing for me is to get a null modem cable and flash my box.

If there is already an image on it then you can ftp your preferred image to the tmp directory and flash it using the telnet method (which you will find in the stickies) which just requires a Ethernet cable :)

just had a read through this too as im split between this or going with sly/VM
out of interest how can i link up box to wireless? would i need a wireless bridge adaptor?

Yeah you'll need a wireless bridge from what I've been reading or get the new TM800 or whatever which has a wireless module

Back