which box to buy

joseph1972

Inactive User
Reaction score
the f5 or the s6000 and where do I buy them from can you pm me please folks kind regards
if this breaks any rules then im sorry

None! basically you still on a fixed dish which is now on borrowed time so to speak i would save up first and keep the openbox and use that with a motorised system until you can then afford to get a half decent box that will do justice to the Motorised system

Your looking at a whole new install, The standard $ly dish can be motorised but is it worth it not a chance for the same price you could have an 80cm put up and get way more satellites

Like anything it all comes down to budget

None! basically you still on a fixed dish which is now on borrowed time so to speak i would save up first and keep the openbox and use that with a motorised system until you can then afford to get a half decent box that will do justice to the Motorised system

hello
digi

the thing that caught my eye with this post was about sky being on borrowed time?
why do you think that a fix'd dish set to sky would be on borrowed time?

hello
digi

the thing that caught my eye with this post was about sky being on borrowed time?
why do you think that a fix'd dish set to sky would be on borrowed time?

Card Pairing to Receiver ID comes to mind which knocks out all HD as well as Movies and sports there are ways to get around it but this is only a temporary solution

Card Pairing to Receiver ID comes to mind which knocks out all HD as well as Movies and sports there are ways to get around it but this is only a temporary solution

hello
digi247

its always a temporary solution as the game is always changing and has been since the hole since started, hell when sky went to digital everyone shit themselves me included and now look at this little hoobie, i would't worry man i dont iv got a dog for that :)

I am not worried mate i dont give 2 hoots what happens at 28.2° east a motorised system will combat that, i just try and warn others that maybe getting future proofed would be a better idea than just having a fixed dish and £300 receiver sat underneath the TV with a black screen eventually.

the f5 or the s6000 and where do I buy them from can you pm me please folks kind regards
if this breaks any rules then im sorry

hello
joseph1972

IMO if your looking a new box just make sure it does wot you want it to do and that i will work with latest cams/servers like oscam/etc
hope this helps

I am not worried mate i dont give 2 hoots what happens at 28.2° east a motorised system will combat that, i just try and warn others that maybe getting future proofed would be a better idea than just having a fixed dish and £300 receiver sat underneath the TV with a black screen eventually.

dont see how you know that there going to have a black screen but its good of you to pass on wot you know, thats how we all learn and i agree no one should buying a £300 box i dont care wot it does, you can buy a very good twin tunner e2 stb for under £160 with all the bells and whistles, i hope you dont think im picking at wot your saying but im just trying to clarify some points :)

dont see how you know that there going to have a black screen but its good of you to pass on wot you know, thats how we all learn and i agree no one should buying a £300 box i dont care wot it does, you can buy a very good twin tunner e2 stb for under £160 with all the bells and whistles, i hope you dont think im picking at wot your saying but im just trying to clarify some points :)

There are many people at this moment with black screens,and yes they have turned the TV on ;)

As digi says there are ways for the time being to get around this,but its only a temporary solution,

anybody getting into this hobby JUST for 28.2e would be mad to put any sort of serious money towards it for the time being,
either bide your time and see what happens or else put the money into motorised or multi-sat installation

There are many people at this moment with black screens,and yes they have turned the TV on ;)

As digi says there are ways for the time being to get around this,but its only a temporary solution,

anybody getting into this hobby JUST for 28.2e would be mad to put any sort of serious money towards it for the time being,
either bide your time and see what happens or else put the money into motorised or multi-sat installation

why is there peps with black screens now? are they on old cams??? and i would till anyone that is going into this be it 28.2e or other you dont know wots going to happen down the road and only spend wot you can aford to loss like any doggy deal ;)

why is there peps with black screens now? are they on old cams??? and i would till anyone that is going into this be it 28.2e or other you dont know wots going to happen down the road and only spend wot you can aford to loss like any doggy deal ;)

I know of a few,remember not everybody is as clued up as you ;)

And from certain feedback I'm getting Oscam is not sorting it for everybody,contrary to your belief :)

I will be going motorised eventually so want a box that will do what my openbox did and when the time comes will do what I want it to do when I go motorised and start learning all about it

so with a motorised dish can you pick up what i presently pick up with my fixed 28.2 sat dish ?...assuming i paid to one of these european servers in the way of a sea lion ?...have a duo and a uno...sitting under the tellies...lol

so with a motorised dish can you pick up what i presently pick up with my fixed 28.2 sat dish ?...assuming i paid to one of these european servers in the way of a sea lion ?...have a duo and a uno...sitting under the tellies...lol

You wont get the identical same channels but the programming you will you just have to search the different networks to find out who shows what, Generally movies and sports are identical and have english language tracks

ok...so all is not lost....there is still hope..lol, any ideas for a motorised dish and motor set up here in brum..?

Well personally if your not too bothered about 26° east and maybe 7° west then an 80cm will get you everything you need

Back