Which Andriod IPTV box to buy ?

afterhourz

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Android IPTV box, I figured I can get it cheaper if its not loaded as I can flash/mod myself.
Can you recommend a box,whats specs and a price I should be looking for.

Thanks

Edit

Also I'm wanting to run XBMC on Android as I want to use the VM anywhere android app too. Anyone have experience of this, does it run well ?

Last edited:
thinking about getting one of these with normal remote controll for just under £50
Aliexpress.com : Buy CS918 Android 4.2 Google TV Box RK3188 Quad Core Mini PC WiFi XBMC Smart TV Media Player with Remote Controller + Keyboard T2 from Reliable Set-top Boxes suppliers on Shenzhen Springkiss Technology Co.,Ltd.
the seller i have messaged said they can root it if you want and install xbmc on it
like you wizz thinking it over and nearly hit the add to basket a few times now and thinking china post wont get it until new year so no mad rush

Last edited:
If you're going to buy one of there Android boxes, get a decent one.
I've got a Minix X7 and it cost me £90, but it's quad-core and handles just about everything thrown at it. It'll last you 3-4 years so saving £20 on a substandard device is a false economy in my opinion.

This one looks good

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/382156/#post2367387

I've been hovering over it for a while now,but I hate spending money on myself :(
Got one of these last week pretty impressed with it tbh
all set up wireless
1channel would not work but i soon sorted that out and ice films is working ok to
there are millions of movies and tv shows to choose from and playback is fine, the footy is a bit hit and miss as you have to trawl through the links in sports devil or mash sports, but i have always eventually found a decent working one's, some are crap quality but watchable while others are decent

installed itv player but it starts to play the program then just stops no idea why but have not looked into it yet..anyone else having the same problem?

install bbc iplayer which works fine but you can only choose to watch what is actually getting broadcast at the time you cant view any programs that were on before like you can on the pc version...anyone know why?

plugged me external hdd in and it plays any movies i throw at it

you can get a kb and mouse to work with it or one of those hand held things which both are handy when you need to surf cos its a bit of a pain using the cursor feature that works on the remote control or tapping along the virtual on screen kb

i got it off fleabay with everything already installed any future purchases will be from hong kong ching chong and i will set it up myself ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking about getting one of these with normal remote controll for just under £50
Aliexpress.com : Buy CS918 Android 4.2 Google TV Box RK3188 Quad Core Mini PC WiFi XBMC Smart TV Media Player with Remote Controller + Keyboard T2 from Reliable Set-top Boxes suppliers on Shenzhen Springkiss Technology Co.,Ltd.
the seller i have messaged said they can root it if you want and install xbmc on it
like you wizz thinking it over and nearly hit the add to basket a few times now and thinking china post wont get it until new year so no mad rush

how is this box?

does it work flawless on xbmc as I heard quad cores are not yet supported?

can you update us on the box if poss?

thanks

Haha I took the plunged last night and bought that same box

in stock 4.2.2 Dual Core Android TV Box Amlogic 8726 MX Dual Core TV BOX 1G Ram,8G Rom,Build in WiFi,3D,Free Shipping-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com,

Its loaded with XBMC etc, I'll probably reflash/image and do my own thing with it.

Main priority is running the new VM anywhere app, I keep you posted on how it goes.

Thanks guys for the replies :0)

hello mate

what benefit would the vm anywhere app be on this mate?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I can use it to stream my VM and don't have to pay for an extra vmbox for the kids room.
There are issues with android and flash so I haven't managed to get it running yet (not that I've really tried)

I can use it to stream my VM and don't have to pay for an extra vmbox for the kids room.
There are issues with android and flash so I haven't managed to get it running yet (not that I've really tried)

how are you streaming it?

Back