Whey Protein Shake when and how much to have?

Qwerty1979

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi fellas

My brother has sold me a big tub of Met RX whey protein powder (banana flavour) for £10 he said he didn't like the taste.

He said I should have one shake before a workout and another after.

Is this how I will get the best out of this stuff?

Any suggestions/ideas will be much appreciated.

25~30g of protein 1~2 hours before and the same straight afterwards.

As Spec said. Depending on your goals you could also have one in the morning as soon as you wake up. Could also have one at night but would recommend cottage cheese at night as it contains a different kind of protein and it released slowly thorugh the night... also releases vitimin E.

1 before and 1 after is ok for the amateur athlete...

As Spec said. Depending on your goals you could also have one in the morning as soon as you wake up. Could also have one at night but would recommend cottage cheese at night as it contains a different kind of protein and it released slowly thorugh the night... also releases vitimin E.

1 before and 1 after is ok for the amateur athlete...

like u said about cottage cheese at night but not that whey protein at night cause he's better with a protein blend before bed and in the mornin.cause its slow releasin protein he's needin.whey is better like spec said 1-2 hours before and straight after it..i know u now this bud.cause like u said it depends on his goals and when he's trainin and that

...would recommend cottage cheese at night as it contains a different kind of protein and it released slowly thorugh the night... also releases vitimin E.

Top advice mate - cottage cheese makes me wanna hurl everytime I go near it otherwise it would be a regular addition to my weekly shopping list too.

Have tried getting into it a few times over the years but I just find the stuff naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasty!! lol!!

with creatien its best to use before bcus it puts fluid into ur muscles straight away as you train.with protein shake i think it is better to use it after you train the reason being that protein absorbs slowly into your body,like wen you sleep.
i use optimum nutrition it tastes great and easy to mix

completly depends on your structure diet and training. The general rule of thumb if your training atleast 5 times a week is 3 times a day.

Before and after a workout and one and night. Mix it with milk at night as this will release the protien slower and water any other time.

make sure u dont skimp of the cardio or u'l do what i did and get hench but not ripped or fast. Keep your cardio up and ur metabolic rate will stay fast. Faster rate = consistant burning of fat and a ripped body (six pack)

Stop excercising and become obease lol

enjoy ;)

Cant beat a banana and peanut butter shake

Wow you pulled a 2009 post up from the dead lol...

Anyway, While we are on the subject... I use the ladies protein shakes lmao with low carbs, 4 grams carbs and 22 grams protein per 33 grams. being a little fatty ;) (16.8 stone - was over 20 stone)

I take one in the morning 33grams, then a small half 15 grams about 30 minutes before the work out, then a bigger 40+ grams right after... I read it is good to get the protein right in after the session so I usually do different objectives each day to rest muscles... but do not go on sundays or wednesedays... so no shakes them days.

Scrambled eggs on brown bread is also a great protein intake, I have this for dinner most days too.

Mick

Worse still you answered it :eek:

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

Worse still you answered it :eek:

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

I knew lol... but wanted to post about my shake habits lol... sometimes pleasure outweighs the moderation.

you iron fists lmao!!!

Mick

Can't imagine there is much pleasure in a banana and peanut butter shake lol

Can't imagine there is much pleasure in a banana and peanut butter shake lol

probably better than the tuna shakes a guy at work used to have.

Last edited:
Shakes, especially whey, is best PWO (Post-workout) after training - since this is the time when insulin is high and the body is nutrient hungry. 1-2 scoop (30-50g) is good at that time.

Don't take too much protein as your body wont observe it that quick, and plus depending on what sort of work out your doing as well. >>Question: whats your goal? Bulky? Lean? More Ripped?

Back