Whey price

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I didn't notice there had been such a massive price increase :eek:.

My Reflex Whey and Mass has went up £7, it was £29 each when I bought 4 the last time :(.

Glad I Googled it before emailing them to complain.

Their stuff is usually full of sugar.

I'm used to Reflex now.

ive seen this stuff loadsa times. what exactly does it do?

Whey?

It's a protein made from milk and comes in a powder form. Mix with water (a "shake") and drink before or after training in the gym. I like it after as whey is easy to digest/assimilate and helps recovery. I have 20g about 1/2 hour after the gym and then dinner an hour after that.

Some people drink protein shakes with "simple" sugars in right after training to spike their insulin level as insulin is quite an anabolic hormone, but this might lower growth hormone levels (or so I've read). As far as I understand, if insulin is high, GH is low and vice-versa. I tried whey with simple sugars after training and put too much fat on anyway :).

thx m8, i got the fact that you would consume it. howver does it put on weight? take it off? or is it just replacing minerals n stuff? sorry if its a dumb question, im not into physical training so a bit miffed at this stuff.

It doesn't put weight on specifically but you can use it to add a bit more protein to your diet if you need it. It might speed up recovery a bit as it's easy to digest. Whey (by itself in a shake) can come in handy when you are trying to lose fat as you are consuming protein to conserve muscle without taking in carbohydrates or fat with it.

"Mass gainers" are shakes which have protein and carbohydrates and a bit fat, like a replacement for a meal so you can fit more in. Usually, mass gainers have other types of protein in like caesin which is also dairy but takes longer to digest.

ok, im a fat barsteward (21st) if i started healthy eating and regular mild exercise, would it do me good and help lose more weight? sorry if i seem dumb.

You could try replacing a more carbohydrate based meal (say, a sandwich) with a whey shake. Eating too much protein isn't a good idea either though so work out how much you are actually eating a day.

ok, im a fat barsteward (21st) if i started healthy eating and regular mild exercise, would it do me good and help lose more weight? sorry if i seem dumb.

Yeah it definitely would mate.

There's some clued-up people who post in this forum too (not me, i'm an idiot!!) so if you need any health/fitness advice once you start, ask the guys and gals in here.

not the cheapest but the guys at work all seem to use this (you may be able to get it cheaper else where)

Garnell Nutrition, Performance Whey, Whey Blend at Discount Supplements

I have been recommended 1 to 2 scoops in the morning, 1 scoop 30 minutes before work out and then 2 scoops an hour after workout. Thats around 140g to 170g a day.

There are dangers to whey powder if you are taking lots (as in more then 250g a day).

A couple of people have also recommend blukpowders stuff if you are cash strapped though they say the taste is not great and it does not mix so easily. I might get a 1kg bag to try it out.

not the cheapest but the guys at work all seem to use this (you may be able to get it cheaper else where)

Garnell Nutrition, Performance Whey, Whey Blend at Discount Supplements

I have been recommended 1 to 2 scoops in the morning, 1 scoop 30 minutes before work out and then 2 scoops an hour after workout. Thats around 140g to 170g a day.

There are dangers to whey powder if you are taking lots (as in more then 250g a day).

A couple of people have also recommend blukpowders stuff if you are cash strapped though they say the taste is not great and it does not mix so easily. I might get a 1kg bag to try it out.

I made that mistake and got 5kg of choc mint whey protein, tastes awful and does not mix well at all.

Google my protein, there flavours are decent, I've used choc mint, choc smooth and cookies and cream upto now. Prices are good too

Back