Where to buy flash chip? Solo2 Clone

gazos

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a bricked solo2 clone here. Any idea where I can get the samsumg flash chip pre programmed? Tried looking around ebay and aliexpress but can't seem to find any?

Cheers

Gazos

It might be easier to get a blank chip and flash the correct bootloader (CFE) with a Cypress board. These are cheap enough on eBay (I got one for under a fiver incl shipping from China) and the Broadcom software is just about everywhere you look on this forum!
I've just ordered a package of 5 chips (again from China) and they worked out very reasonable.
You can get them from UK suppliers, but the only ones I've found have a minimum order value of £100 or something equally ridiculous!

Hi,
I replaced many flash memory but the Toshiba chip doesnt need to download CFE with JTAG

@smart56 What do you mean? I understood that the BBS software can flash Toshiba NAND the same as Samsung.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get my solo2 back in a few days (replace chip) its had the lorisun chip in think its toshiba, but the replacement will be a samsung will it be the same clone safe images ill used as before

Yes, you should use clone safe images only on this box. The Toshiba and Samsung chips are virtually identical.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Thats what i wondered, so i can use my clone safe back ups then

As long as you are 100% sure that your backups do not contain the timebomb drivers then yes, they should work fine.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

I thought it would be ok, always good for a second opinion

HI!
Please can you show the correct pinout between solo2 SE and Cypress board? I have the cypress board with two jumpers and soon will have the other version with only one jumper. I heard it works better, it's true?
ThankS!

HI!
Please can you show the correct pinout between solo2 SE and Cypress board? I have the cypress board with two jumpers and soon will have the other version with only one jumper. I heard it works better, it's true?
ThankS!

Remove jumper.

Back