Where can I find UPVC door hinges?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Our door keeps dropping and I keep adjusting the screws in the door, but the have now started to wear the heads so much that I can't adjust them anymore.

Does anyone know where I can find these kind of adjustable hinges from?

Hi, If the door keeps dropping it may not be due to hinges,pvcu doors require a careful form of packing the glass or panel called toe and heeling.
If this is not done correctly a pvcu door will continue to drop despite adjusting the hinges. I suggest you try and find a local window/door installer or "window doctor" in Yellow pages and ask for help.

Hi, If the door keeps dropping it may not be due to hinges,pvcu doors require a careful form of packing the glass or panel called toe and heeling.
If this is not done correctly a pvcu door will continue to drop despite adjusting the hinges. I suggest you try and find a local window/door installer or "window doctor" in Yellow pages and ask for help.

It is the hinges now, because I've hammered and adjusted them so much they are loose and after the door has been slammed a few times they slip forward again. It has no glass or panels, just a panel effect sheet glued on the top.

Been to Wicks, B&Q, Trade Windows and no-one had them. Tried local Screwfix and found them in the catalogue, went to order themm and they have stopped doing them! :(

Looks a lot like these - https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/by-.../sidewinder-butt-fit-upvc-door-hinge-493.html

Last edited:
Ring around local upvc manufacturers, they will prob give you a set, they always have old doors etc.

Just take them with you.

Hi m8 i am a joiner and fit a lot of pvc and wouldnt have the stuff in my house however? sounds like u have a prob with ur hingeds now. Once u have sourced a new set i would defenately fe-fit the glass or panel in ur door and do as the other guy said on here and brace or toe n heel the door and once braced silicone the packers in place so they cant slip again.

Hope this helps..

Send Digidude a pm, he was very helpful with my glazing problem :) Yep, he's a glazing expert too.

Otherwise, look for local PVC suppliers. Around these parts we have the Windowdoctor and Acorn glass. Both do all the parts you need and have served me well in the past.

Back