berley
vixen (allegedly) :Laugh:
skybabe
maryjam (R.I.P.) :(
Tina (aka Teeny)
almah
Dark Angel(Jana)

I sure there were others.

Some have moved on for obvious reasons. Others have fallen by the wayside, but I can't think of a single female who posts regularly any more.

Is it our loss? Other tech forums seem to function with a smattering of good female members.

Off the top of my head...

tech-babe
evastar
goldie
berley
vixen (allegedly) :Laugh:
skybabe
maryjam (R.I.P.) :(
Tina (aka Teeny)
almah
Dark Angel(Jana)

I sure there were others.

Some have moved on for obvious reasons. Others have fallen by the wayside, but I can't think of a single female who posts regularly any more.

Is it our loss? Other tech forums seem to function with a smattering of good female members.

Don't they have a make up and handbag forum next door?. :Laugh:

Most of those names are ex Moderators other halfs that never posted that much
1 posts mainly on another forum
a couple had far too much to say for themselves lol

To be honest, DW is a bit of a boys' club. Misogyny and pejorative are not uncommon on here.

It's viewed as banter by time-served members, but could be off putting to new and potential members.

Those of us that do speak out against dysphemisms are referred to as the PC brigade...

Most of those names are ex Moderators other halfs that never posted that much
1 posts mainly on another forum
a couple had far too much to say for themselves lol

Agreed, but it wasn't really a "where are they now" query.

how do you know other females don't post ? as most user names are not gender specific and even if they were its still no guarantee as to the gender of the poster.

Create a poll, find out our sex demographic, I suspect that I know the result.

how do you know other females don't post ? as most user names are not gender specific and even if they were its still no guarantee as to the gender of the poster.

I don't. I was hoping to find out. ;)

Create a poll, find out our sex demographic, I suspect that I know the result.

Mmm. :S

Hetero Male
Hetero Female
Gay Male
Lesbian
ac/dc
Transgender Pre-op
Transgender Post-op
Unsure

That should cover all the bases.

To be honest, DW is a bit of a boys' club. Misogyny and pejorative are not uncommon on here.

It's viewed as banter by time-served members, but could be off putting to new and potential members.

Those of us that do speak out against dysphemisms are referred to as the PC brigade...

There may be another reason. This forum is mainly tech orientated, most women are not.

With equal balance, we would have threads discussing handbags, shoes, make up, shopping, fashion tips etc.

Hmm, I defer to little_pob (interesting username as well):)

There may be another reason. This forum is mainly tech orientated, most women are not.

With equal balance, we would have threads discussing handbags, shoes, make up, shopping, fashion tips etc.

MrsM has forgotten her password...

...and where the equine thread is ;)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you are joking. Or maybe you don't know as many women as me.

As an aside, I bought a lovely John Paul Gaultier bag a few weeks ago, the strap has broken though and I'm not sure if I can take it back as I was fighting in Tesco's over a 2for1 offer on Melons at the time, so I can't be sure if I did it or it just fell apart.

Back