Whatsapp transfer Android to iOS

matty125

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions or software to transfer whatsapp data (messages and photos/video) from android to ios for free?

I now know the "Move to ios" function can do this but requires the apple phone to be reset which I loathed to do since spending the afternoon setting up and transferring all messages and photos across... There appears to be a number of applications that can do it but all appear to charge...

Thanks

As far as I know you can do a backup in WhatsApp and then you just restore on your new device.

That's what I do when I change devices.

Hi, thanks for the prompt response - yes normally that works and the cloud backup restores the messages and data.

The issue I have is that Im trying to move from Android to iPhone. My current whatapp is backed up to google cloud which cant be read by Apple for the restore..

There is Android app "Move to iOS" , which I used which should have migrated my whatapps data but after trying multiple time it seems it requires Android 12 - other users are complaining of issues with Android 11 which I current have.. There are many paid for windows/Mac apps which claim to manage the transfer - i.e. "Dr.Fone whatsapp transfer" but there are mixed reviews online... Just wondered if anyone had any experience or know of another alternative (preferably free).....

Just to add my "old" android is a oneplus 7 pro, which is rumored to get android 12 shortly if I can wait...and possibly try again...

Thanks for any help...

Thats stupid they don't allow you to restore to another OS type.

Can you not just manually copy the whatsapp vids and pics off the android and move them to iphone? you will lose messages but i assume its just the pics and videos that your worried about.

Back