Whats the best setup

adam01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to all this sky setup but as cable is looking like its not going to be around for much longer nagra 3 and all that I am now looking at alternates
and this one looks like it could be worth while but need some advise on setup

I like the idea of been able to get other countries channels but also would like to be able to get on a sky uk via card share server got a m8 who can sort this for me so would like some thing that can do both

I have been looking at the dream box as this seems common around card sharing but not sure if it would be any good for the other sats around and I don't ask much but I would like to be able to get HD

any advise would be great

dreambox perfect for cs mate will need a good dish,motor,bracket,cable and a good finder.

lots of help on here and also tuts of digidude and pinkhelmets.

mr p

Thanks fo the quick reply

I hear you loud and clear but what is the finder is that some sort of software ?

this may be a dumb question but wont get anywere if I dont ask :silly:

diablo wi fi will now turn cheaper alternative into cs recievers like tm6900 super

Thanks fo the quick reply

I hear you loud and clear but what is the finder is that some sort of software ?

this may be a dumb question but wont get anywere if I dont ask :silly:

haha sat finder to find thor 1w which will be ur starting point.

I see a little more reading is in order

I will have a look thourgh some more of the tuts
can anyone recommend one for what would seem a complete novice :nopity:

technomate are a good place to start the patch is easy to do for newbies

im in the same boat, looking to get started but there is soooooo much.
the easiest to set up program/patch etc: with lots of support is the technomate and there are sd and hd models plus the quality is first class i would get a tm5400 model with cam and cards slots to give you extra choices in the future.unless you have a hd ready tv then look at the tm 6000 series models, i would'nt go for cards or cams at this time for this reason at the moment is everything is changing encryption and i have read to-day that canal+nordic on thor 1w that opens with the diablo cam are issueing new cards from the 15/4/09 and if they also change to cas7 like digialb has just gone into we could loose these channels as well. and you could have a cam that opens nothing more than the patch

could not have said it better myself lets hope they dont go to cas7 soon as ive a lot of money in my set up but thinking of a diablo wi fi for ccam just in case

Sorry been a way for a couple of week

Thanks all for you advise

no doubt I will have more questions once I get the kit

Back