whats best mod chip

ian28

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a ps2 and want to chip it for my son any help would be great. thanks

if you can get your hands on one mate, i had a messiah.....it plays any thing....but there's loads, some that plug into the baord some need soldering in and you got to be real good at it.! as the points to solder or like this size .

what kind of ps2 is it mate ? slim line ?

yes slim line. done some the old ones its been some
time now but will give it ago thanks for your help.

ive have the messiah for about 5 years now and never had any probs i would highly recommend

dont know if you can still gt them but as they are a bit old like but good chips....

messiah old hat now guys , get a modbo , very good and cheap

Messiahs. lol You cant get these anymore. lol. Messiah 2 you may be lucky to get. I had a messiah best £92 I ever spent. Matrix infinity green dot chips are good mate, but its all quite subjective. All the chips do pretty much the same thing these days.

hi the slimline ps2 s are a nightmare to work on also you have to put the diode fix on to stop laser burn,i use swap magic 3.6 with the magic keys.no need to open up ps2 & all games boot up ok with no problems so far.also no warranty issues with swap magic.
hpe this helps..

h**p://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=203

have a look at this site all info on here...

thanks to others for this link

if you can get your hands on one mate, i had a messiah.....it plays any thing....but there's loads, some that plug into the baord some need soldering in and you got to be real good at it.! as the points to solder or like this size .

what kind of ps2 is it mate ? slim line ?

Mine is a Messiah and its never let me down though i do know there are later chips out there that do a similar job. I was told though chip a newer ps2 and dont use the ps2 for films or you will just knacker the laser.Stick to a cheap dvd player for films.

Back