What to use in Florida

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sat nav system to take to Orlando next year.

I've heard that Garmin do the most detailed maps and that Tom Tom only do major routes. Granted this may have changed as this was a couple of years ago I heard this.

I can borrow a tom tom one or I can buy a cheapish sat nav (not looking for anything fancy). I heard that navigo can take tom tom maps. Can anyone confirm this and what version should I be downloading.

Thanks

Have a read of this thread;
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/187713/
Navigo with *cough/cough* TomTom installed seems a pretty cost effective way of doing it. I've got mine set up with a few maps on & Florida seems to have more detail than just major routes (all the wee roads off I-Drive, Austrian Court etc, are shown)
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a read of this thread;
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/187713/
Navigo with *cough/cough* TomTom installed seems a pretty cost effective way of doing it. I've got mine set up with a few maps on & Florida seems to have more detail than just major routes (all the wee roads off I-Drive, Austrian Court etc, are shown)HH.

Cheers mate, that sounds exactly what I was looking for. I'm staying further down I-drive this time (past seaworld) and it looks like I'll have to be navigating Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee, both of which I've never been to before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defo got as much detail as you need & for approx 50 quid you can't go wrong. I'm going in July & have already added a few places to the Favorites in the US map I have so looks good. Plenty of help on here too if you struggle to get it setup.
If you don't use torrentz or newzgroups I could stick the maps you need on a disk.
HH.

Defo got as much detail as you need & for approx 50 quid you can't go wrong. I'm going in July & have already added a few places to the Favorites in the US map I have so looks good. Plenty of help on here too if you struggle to get it setup.
If you don't use torrentz or newzgroups I could stick the maps you need on a disk.
HH.

Got access to a giganews account. So the maps not be a prob. What version of Tom Tom maps are you using and are they just called Florida or Orlando. I've seen US South East but I think they just have major routes on them

TT7.450 installed & the maps I wanted United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_v720.1802, Western_Europe_1GB_815.2024 & North_America_720.1803 using 3gb of a 4gb card.
Hope that helps,
HH.

TT7.450 installed & the maps I wanted United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_v720.1802, Western_Europe_1GB_815.2024 & North_America_720.1803 using 3gb of a 4gb card.
Hope that helps,
HH.

Just setting up my TT 300 for a trip in August.

I have 'USA & Canada V825.2159' and am trying to find speed cameras for it, will let you know.

PM if needed.

:)

Messa

PS I want latest UK cameras if any spares are lying around ! ;)

Just finished putting a USA & Canada map and speed cams on a TT300 go for a mate, who's going to Florida in June, you will need a minimum 2gb SD card, if you know how to do it and want a copy PM me, also got Updated speed cams for UK.

:Cheers:

@ tommygunn (wants to put more than one map on)

After cracking the additional maps you want, just add their folders to the root of the card. Make sure there are no folders within the folder.
Use manage maps to switch between maps.
Good luck,
HH.

Hope that helps,
HH.

HH

Where did you get the north america maps from I've looked and can't seem to find an up to date set

HH

Where did you get the north america maps from I've looked and can't seem to find an up to date set

I got it on a torrent. Googling North_America_720.1803 gives you a few options & looks like there's a rapidshare link too so you should be able to get it.
HH.

Hope that helps,
HH.

Can you store all the maps on the same memory card or do you need a seperate on for each country?

Can you store all the maps on the same memory card or do you need a seperate on for each country?

ffs fitzy, I've listed the maps I've got on my card & stated they take up 3gb of a 4gb card.
HH.

ffs fitzy, I've listed the maps I've got on my card & stated they take up 3gb of a 4gb card.
HH.

my bad : spank :

Anyway gonna get one of these I've downloaded the map you listed. Ebuyer are selling v3 of Navigo, so hopefully they will still work.

No probs. Give us a shout if you're struggling with it.
Good luck, HH.

usa and canada 825 (around 1.5 gigg)

worked perfect for me mate...and i just got back from florida lol

Back