What time do your kids play out till?

We have 4 at home - youngest 4 and the oldest 10 - we live on a quiet cul-de-sac so no through traffic and good neighbours that keep an eye out for each other but the 2 youngest 4 and 5 - are in by 7 on a summer school night - when it goes dark in the winter!! Unless we are out they are always in bed by 7.

The oldest has to go to bed at 9 so she can come in by about 8.45 but she normally comes in a bit earlier to have her grown up time watching the soaps before bed!!

The middle one is the only boy and hes 7 - bed by 7.30 but he gets to stay out till about 7 in summer!!.

If we are sitting out with neighbours we might let them be out with us until perhaps 9 at the weekends!!

As for telly in their rooms we went through a few years of letting them fall asleep with tellys on or portable dvds in bed but it was getting out of hand - they just wouldnt sleep !!

Last September we made a new rule that they could only watch tv in bed at the weekends - except the 4 year old as shes only at nursery but come September she will lose the tv on a school night too!!!

Our 7 year old was struggling at school and at the first parents evening after September his teacher actually asked us what had changed with him as he was so much improved at school . His reading and maths were vastly improved!!!

My girlfriend's parents have that sussed! When the weather starts to pick up, they take her little brothers Xbox away and hide it till winter!

He has a Wii, PS2, PSone, Nintendo DS and a PSP. I can hide those all i want as his main interest is my Xbox360 - and there's no way I'm putting that away until winter! :)

I've got an 8 year old daughter who plays out on the street with her mates. The street is very quite with no through traffic etc. Some of the friends are 7 and regularly stay out till 8:30-9pm. But i always get her in between 7:30 and 8pm which results in a crying session every night, lol

What time do you get your kids in?

Thats a reasonable time on school nights. My 7 yr old is in at around 7:30 (when he does go out!).
I always remember being the 1st to have to go in when I was young, it is hard.

I can still hear the echoes of the other kids on the street when me and my brother were shouted in early...

'Bath, supper, and bed... bath, supper, and bed!'

Bastards.

My daugther is 6 and she's usually in for 7.30pm but sometimes 8pm at a push. There is always an impact for her though, If she's in early, she gets to watch a dvd in bed, if she's not then it's straight to sleep.

She likes to have a dvd before lights out so that kind of gets her in early :)

Back