what size harddrive xtreamer pro

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, i keep having trouble with my xtreamer pro and its a nightmare, i currently have a 2tb hardrive init, so far about 800g has been used, anyway every so often things start to disappear, movies out of folders or cover pictures out of folders etc, i can tell when its about to start happening when i plug my usb pen into my xtreamer to transfer a film onto it then i unplug it and plug the usb pen into my pc it pops up saying this needs to be scanned click scan and fix, so then i plug my xtreamer into my pc and it says the same thing, when scanning and fixing there are 2 options, 1 option is a fast scan and fix and the other is a in depth scan and fix, every few months i have to do the in depth one and it takes about 30 hours to fully complete it, ive read a few people having problems on the xtreamer forum and its a problem with the firmware not having check disk implemented into or something like that, not everyone has this problem so im wondering if it has something to do with the size of the hard drive, like i said im using a

2tb samsung spinpoint eco green one, 5400rpm, 32mb cache

wondered if others who have a xtreamer could post what hard drives they have in theres and whether they get the same problem i get, its happening every 3 to 6 months i would say, thanks

i have an xtreamer but dont use a hdd in it. but the first thing that springs to mind is , are you on the latest firmware? its on 2.6 now i beleive. or do you have another hdd you try for a while just to rule out the 2tb one?

hiya thanks for replying, yes im on the latest firmware im quite good at keeping it up to date, ive got a 1tb hard drive thats in use but would be able to swap everything over i think but would take a good few hours, really need to get to the bottom of it as its ridiculous,

worth a try to rule it out i suppose. its more than likly going to be either the drive or firmware really. how about trying an earlyer firmware? has it always been an issue?

yes i pretty much got the xtreamer pro when it first came outand its been a problem all the way threw for me, ive always had the 2tb hard drive aswell with it, so ive teried all the firmwares all the way up, at first i thought it was from putting my films onto a usb pen and plugging the usb pen into the xtreamer to transfer it it onto the xtreamer, so i started ftping my films onto xtreamer but it still did the same thing, id rather have the biggest hard drive i can init but dont want to go buy a 1.5tb hard drive and it do the same thing, thats why i just wondered what everybody else had in there xtreamer pro and if it was doign the same thing or not, put this check for errors thing on yesterday morning i think it was and its about 3/4 of the way threw, thats just ridiculous init lol, thanks

can you believe i have just done a throrough scan on my 2tb hdrive which took couples of days, since then ive probably copied half a dozen films onto it and plugged it in just now again to copy a film onto it and its asking to be scanned to fix errors, its an absolute joke, anyway not alot i can do about that at the minute but im wondering, i have a 1tb hdrive so im thinking about transfering everything off the 2tb one on that 1tb one, will transfering, transfer any of this corrupt file system stuff or is that just down to the hard drive itself,? apparently the firmware for the xtreamer pro hasnt got check disk i think it is implemented into to so not very good with big 2tb hard drives, so im hoping this 1tb one will be handled alot better, before i transfer it il be best of giving it another stupiedly long scan and fix process wont i, thanks

if your 2tb is corrupt the worst it will do while transfering accross is send a useless file. it wont damage your other drive. good luck hope your new drive sorts it mate. it will be worth it when its over, i cant stand it when my gadgets wont do what i want too lol

Have you put the drive through a S.M.A.R.T. test or other hard drive analysis?

Does this only happen when you connect the Xtremer to the PC via USB?

Have you tried a different file system, e.g. ext3?

Have you put the drive through a S.M.A.R.T. test or other hard drive analysis?

Does this only happen when you connect the Xtremer to the PC via USB?

Have you tried a different file system, e.g. ext3?

only thing i put the hard drive threw is that scan and error fix scan threw windows, when i plug it into the pc via usb it comes up saying this drive needs to be scanned and fixed, sometimes i just do a quick scan and fix and its ok for few weeks, usually when i do a deep scan and fix it lasts a good few months but not this time, it starts happening when i transfer files onto the xtreamer, thats why for a while i tried ftping things across to it but same started to happen, i havent tried a different file system as to be hoenst i dint know if it could be and ive never had enough space anywhere else to store my stuff so i could mess about with the 2tb hdrive,
il have to look into a s.m.a.r.t test and and hard drive analysis, il transfer my stuff onto this 1tb i got first then i can have a mess, thanks

Back