what should i do

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
well i have been thinking should i go get a dm800 se to update my trusty old dm7020

but been looking and these new hd boxs are costly and trying to find a trustworthy place seems hit and miss

so began to think shgould i continue running my trusty old 7020 and invest in a cheaper box

i been offered 2

skybox f5 or a technomate 5402 hd and run one of these as a client or still go for the dm800 se and scrap the 7020

the 7020 will work perfectly as your server, even with only an ethernet connection, the connected HDD will also be available as network storage

if youre thinking of buying a dm800SE clone, id suggest against it, as for roughly the same price, and sometimes cheaper, youll get a odin-M7, TM-nano, and i believe one of the Venton receivers, which are all NOT clones, but the same price, or cheaper, and will run all of the same plugins, but the newer receivers have more memory, and you dont have to worry about flashing specific 'clone safe' images onto them

A 800se with a A8P sim would not need clones specific image it runs original images.

It is still a clone but a lot less hassle.

Back