WHAT PC (tell us what kind of specification you have and if you use Xp or Vista

raff

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is the one i have just bought and its brilliant :)

If you are looking for the ultimate INTEL box then look no further than the Ultima OC HD 4870 Crossfire Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core overclocked beyond yet to be released QX6950 clock speeds. Supplied as a complete kit this system has the performance to rival ones costing nearly twice the price due to OcUK's expert engineers pre-overclocking this system to safe and reliable settings/speeds for a huge performance boost. All you require to make this system complete is an LCD monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and set of speakers which can also be purchased from this online store. This system packs enough power to play the latest games at maximum details including AA/AF upto resolutions of 2560x1600 without breaking a sweat including latest DX10 titles such as Bioshock, Crysis and Unreal games. Supplied pre-built it has an impressive specification to say the least :-

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GO 2.40GHz Quad Core CPU Overclocked too a minimum of 3.30GHz and beyond. (8/9 x 400MHz - 1600MHz FSB)
- Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Intel approved cooler
- Arctic Silver 5 Heatsink compound professionally hand installed by our technicians
- Asus Rampage Formula Intel X48 (Socket LGA775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- Award winning Corsair Dominator 4GB PC2-8500 CAS5 (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit (Overclocked at 1000MHz+)
- 1000GB (1TB) Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA-II Interface, 7200RPM Spin Speed, 32MB Cache
- 2x ATI HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 AVIVO HDTV/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) DirectX 10 Graphics Card (Configured in Crossfire)
- Pioneer 115DBK 18x DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
- Corsair TX 750W Next Generation Power Supply
- 1yr Onsite Collect & Return Warranty (Can collect from any address (UK Mainland ONLY) and same day collection possible if requested before 11am)

:yawn2:

486 DX/2-50 (overclocked to 66mhz)
2mb Ram
240mb HDD
1mb Cirrus Logic SVGA
2x CDROM
Floppy
DOS 6.2
Windows 3.1

I like to keep ahead of everyone else :)

Thinking of upgrading to one of those new Pentium machines.

:yawn2:

486 DX/2-50 (overclocked to 66mhz)
2mb Ram
240mb HDD
1mb Cirrus Logic SVGA
2x CDROM
Floppy
DOS 6.2
Windows 3.1

i found an old reciete for my old machine cant believe i paid £785 for a

pentium 133
4 meg ram
250 meg hard drive
4x cd rom
floppy
and if i remember it was windows for workgroups 3.11 and dos 6.2

i think it was in 1993

lol n1

for all of you still using a 386 heres something useful

How to upgrade your 386 or 486 processor chip. (microcomputer processor chip) (Compute's Getting Stated With: Upgrading Your Processor)

One way to pull your increasingly old-fashioned computer back into the forefront of technology is to upgrade its central processing unit (CPU) by swapping out your existing 386 or slow 486 chip for a hot, new 486 screamer. (Pentium chip upgrades are still in the future.)

if you want the link page let me know lol

i found an old reciete for my old machine cant believe i paid £785 for a

pentium 133
4 meg ram
250 meg hard drive
4x cd rom
floppy
and if i remember it was windows for workgroups 3.11 and dos 6.2

i think it was in 1993

lol, it was nuts wasn't it.

I only sold my Amiga to build a PC coz Lucasarts announced that they were no longer going to be supporting the Amiga due to piracy, so if I wanted to continue enjoying games Like Monkey Island etc then I had to upgrade :(

(as if piracy was any better on the fooking PC!)

I remember buying my 1st CDROM, it was 2x and cost me £189, lol

Bloody hell I think it's time for an upgrade.

My Commodore Pet is looking a bit old now, but the tape still works. Mind you it cost a shit load of money in the late 70s, but I did manage to get space invaders to work on in it, state of the art then.

Happy days.

Vista ultimate OEM (paid for like a good boy)
9850 phenom quad core
9800GX2 graphics
4Gb ram
74GB raptor drive
700Watt psu
24 inch monitor

CALL OF DUTY 4 RUNNING AT FULL RES

thats about whats interesting.

Vista Ultimate SP1
Intel QX9770 running at 3.8Ghz
Powercolor HD3870 PCI-E
2gb DDR3 OCZ Ram
Asus Maximus Extreme M/b
Booting off 74Gb Scsi 15K Drive
5 additional HD totalling 1.4TB
Twin SATA DVD-RAM drives
Water Cooled Thermaltake Tai-Chi Case

I remember buying my 1st CDROM, it was 2x and cost me £189, lol

Yup I remember getting a CD-Rom drive, they all came packaged with a multimedia card in those days (alos known as a sound card). Remember being gobsmacked that a CD-Rom could hold upto 650MB, I only had a 160MB hard drive.

Yup I remember getting a CD-Rom drive, they all came packaged with a multimedia card in those days (alos known as a sound card). Remember being gobsmacked that a CD-Rom could hold upto 650MB, I only had a 160MB hard drive.

I'm not 100% sure but I think mine plugged into one of those old internal ISA I/O cards, motherboards didn't have IDE slots or anything like that, you had to add your own using a plugin card.

Starting to show our ages now mate, let's stop ;)

Just had a rethink, it must have plugged into my Soundblaster Pro as it had digital audio out going from the drive to the Soundcard.

Last edited:
mines eco friendly specs below

power......................................steam
0 to internet..............................3 weeks
memory....................................i forgot
accesories..................................makes a nice cup of tea
add ons ...................................carpet steam cleaner
screen size................................8 inches but im not bragging
ram.........................................ask digidude
pointers....................................this little finger on my right
operating system.........................roman
year of manufacture.....................203 BC