What is TVO feature on a GFX card?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have got a Sapphire HD 3850 Pro 256MB GDDR3 Dual DVI TVO PCI-E graphics card which does the job nicely but havent a clue what the TVO part actually is?

My old AGP gfx card was VIVO (video in video out) so I could connect analog source and record straight to my PC im guessing this isnt possible with this GFX card?

In all likelihood TVO=TV Out (i.e. the S-video connector).

With today's PCI-e motherboards, unless you can find a PCI graphics card with the feature, if you want to record from an s-video/composite feed you have to get a TV capture device such as those by Pinnacle.

If you want to record a digtial feed you are generally better off with a DVB tuner and media centre software.

Last edited:
Yep, you are right. You can't record analogue with that card. As LP says, you will need a USB/PCI capture device or tuner.

Ahh ok so TVO is just the HDMI out really... Is there any new GFX cards that will let you record using component source for higher resoultion capture?

Basically I have a freesat box and want to record a music video channel and burn it to DVD so I can play it in my car.

They don't make GFx cards with TV capture any more. They're output only.

Leadtek's WinFast PVR 3000 Deluxe, PxPVR2200 and PxTV1200 TV tuner cards all have a component capture facility. However, I cannot find a source so they may well be discontinued.

What O/S are you using ?

I have an old pinnacle usb capture device that you can have cheap as its not compatible with W7-64 bit. Used it to capture TV before.

Thanks for replies, im using W7 x64 too might have a look online as my dad wants me to backup some old vhs tapes too.

Back