[DM800SE] What is the point of the SIM card in a Dream Box? Hard Disk plug in advice?

Banging

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I put a hard disk in my Dream Box last night and I saw the SIM2 in the machine. What benefit is there of having a SIM card in the Dream Box I dont get what use it has?

Also now I have a hard disk can anyone give me advice on the best plug ins to use for recording, pausing, keeping your recordings in a nice location etc. a bit like a Sky Box does?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I put a hard disk in my Dream Box last night and I saw the SIM2 in the machine. What benefit is there of having a SIM card in the Dream Box I dont get what use it has?

Also now I have a hard disk can anyone give me advice on the best plug ins to use for recording, pausing, keeping your recordings in a nice location etc. a bit like a Sky Box does?

Thanks!

The best plug in for a "series link" type of thing if possible :)

The sim card is to stop clone boxes (doesn't work :roflmao: )
Recordings are built into the images.
stop / pause / rewind of live tv is the timeshift plugin which is better from a usb stick, I don't use this plugin myself (don't see the point as everything is repeated anyway) but sure other members can help with the exact name of the plugin and the best way to set it up.

Back