What is the best image

Jip

Inactive User
Reaction score
Basically, atm i have deej sportster image, its doing an ok job

but unlike some people on the forums i dont have a dbox image fetish, im looking for the best image, if someone could post the differences between the enigmax and neutrino, and the different releases of them done on this board(features etc..) i would really appreciate

im not looking to change image every few days i have a family which moan all the time if something isnt perfect

If your current image works, I would advice you to stick with it. Image selection is at best a game of russian roulette, and one man's stable image is another man's crashing image, so there is no objective way to determine what is the "best image", although Gav's Next Gen image did win the prestigious Señor Ding Dong's Greatest Image Ever Award, but that doesn't mean your box will necessarily like it. :)

As for differences between images, it's almost too complex to list in detail. Most Neutrino based images such as Sportster and Next Gen share a similar interface, while Enigma images tend to be very different, but can be custom skinned.

am afraid am one of those guys that you are talking about but if you are happy with what you are using then keep on using it m8 if your image is fine then just keep it it looks like your keeping up with all thats going on anyway you are right you dont want the family going on if its an up to-date image and you are happy with it and you are not having any problems as you say why change i personnaly like changing as i have 4 boxs (i know iam sad lol)so i change them all the time

i have been reading about that newgen one, and i like the idea of 100% scanning, but i dunno about the rest of the image D:

the simple answer is there is no best image its down to preference and how stable it works on your box they all work different in different places no box and image combination is the same really hence some people continue with updating their image and rescanning etc.

i am using gav's 12/11/05 image it seems good a few glitches here and there but nothing a "quick reboot" dosent solve usually, previously i had his 19/11/05 image on there which was worse had a lot more problems but theoretically being a newer image it should be better but not in my case so it proves that there is no "best image".

Back