What HD Channels are there for V+?

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
What channels are available in HD? Just done myself a TVDrive in TW but only seem to be getting the BBC HD channel-is that all there is?

What channels are available in HD? Just done myself a TVDrive in TW but only seem to be getting the BBC HD channel-is that all there is?

Mate, unfortunately BBC HD is only HD channel available at the moment.

Blimey-and there was me thinking I'd be able to watch footie on HD-must only be Sky then? Got to say i'm impressed by the Drive on it-makes it a piece of pee to record-I reckon the Mrs could manage to do it!!

Thanks for the info.

No probs mate - Yeah the recording feature is absolutely fantastic! You can record 2 channels and watch the 3rd, it's brill - hopefully they'll introduce some more HD channels soon!

Just a pity the things are so noisy !

That's true! Can be really annoying at times.

Channel browsing can also be beter - its painfuly slow at the moment!

There is talk in VM newsgroups about software update for the TV Drives..

I got his from...

h**p://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=736310

I appreciate it has been some time since anyone from the V+ development team gave you guys an update. We're really disappointed that we didn't manage to get our latest software out to you before Christmas. We significantly re-wrote certain sections of the software during the second half of 2007 (mainly to improve channel change times) with our suppliers and unfortunately we found a couple of last minute bugs right at the end of our trials phase that meant it wasn't fit to go out.

There is so much good stuff coming in the release including:

1) fix to sound drop-outs issue on both recordings and to a lesser extent Live TV
2) fix to recordings ending early (obviously this doesn't include schedule overruns)
3) a return to the VCR SCART working at all times in HDMI mode

Closer to roll-out as usual we'll issue the full list of improvements.

Support do a great job here and I ask you to bear with them whilst we get the code out - I know it is frustrating. If you wish to contact me
personally you can get hold of me via the usual
[email protected] format.

Thanks,
Stephen Featham.
Head of TV Product Engineering, Virgin Media.

update can be found here

h**p://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=749294

hopefully they will release the update soon :)

Back