What have they done to windows 8.1??

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Its gotten bad i admit ive been loving windows 8 i know alot of people don't but right now they have done something to it what i don't like.

You can only directly left click on tiles now the app stays open what you open in metro on the task bar.They have now made a quick taskbar link to windows store.

Why have they done all this?

I don't like it now i had problems with windows 8 when it first come around.But i got used to it as i missed the start bar.But now they have just gone and messed uo the whole lot.If it aint broken don't fix it.

What are your thoughts on the new windows 8 recent changes?

I tried Win 8 for a few hours when it was first released. I don't have a touch screen, maybe why I thought it almost useless.
Certainly wouldn't pay for it, and I just reloaded Win 7 (which I hadn't paid for either).
In fact, the last one I paid for was Win 3.1.1. By my reckoning, they still owe me!:Biggrin2:

windows 8 with the start8 hack ( puts the start button back and boots to either tiles or desktop) is great...

the start8 proggie i got doesn't work on 8.1 so i couldn't live with it..

win 8.1 it the best update so far it makes it usable :)

just wait till you see Win 9

:Cheers:

The changes were made because there are many more people using the os without touch, i.o.w. requiring a mouse and keyboard. And even those with touch prefer using a mouse and keyboard as well as touch.

Windows 8, the new Vista. :)

Running 8.1 at work, it's fast but still hard to navigate. I used to quite like it.

Now, it's pushed me too far

I got a spare 19" touch screen from work and a nettop PC. Great, I thought, I'll make use of the windows 8 features on a small PC, fit it in the house - viola! A touchscreen PC in use! WRONG - Touchscreen works fine as a mouse only - NOT as a touch device like swiping or anything like that, worse of all the onscreen keyboard doesn't pop up. (I have found a script to do it now) - so, it's a touchscreen OS, but it won't let yo use all the touch features unless it's a ready made tablet. Google it, see what I mean. It's now a desktop OS with a touchscreen mouse, nothing more. Why? There must be a registry hack somewhere to make it THINK it's on a tablet, but i can't find it.

So, it's not a desktop OS, it's not touch - it's nothing. It doesn't know what it is.

Massive fail

Windows 8, the new Vista. :)

This is exactly how i felt when i first used it, feels like a beta test but charging you for it like vista.
Lets hope windows 9 covers all users, not just those with touch screens.

p.s I love my mouse if you're listening microsoft.

windows 8 with the start8 hack ( puts the start button back and boots to either tiles or desktop) is great...

the start8 proggie i got doesn't work on 8.1 so i couldn't live with it..

you dont need the start8 hack with 8.1 as they put the option to boot direct to desktop in that update..

Right click taskbar / properties / navigation - start menu.

It isnt the fact of the 8.1 update it was the recent update they put on sorry if i didn't explain right.But i had an update on the 9th or 10th i think it was of this month and its totally sent windows 8 all messed up like things close different now and now when you leave a task in metro it stays within the task bar and you don't have the left quick switcher no more on the desktop.It was going ok until then im hoping they are bringing something good as i did read that 8.1.1 is coming i don't know if this is true or not?

Biggest pain for me was when 8.1 finally became available last month, it was viewed as a complete install from win8. So when I clicked on my Sky Go link to watch the football, Sky didnt recognize the device: one of the kids had already made the 1 monthly change sky allows and put it on their ipad. Much swearing in the house that day, I can tell you!

Back