What Dvd Writer To Buy

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
whats the best dvd recorder out at the momment ??? and also whats the best software for copying dvd movies ????

come on you clever lot get me the best deal :)

HP DVD200i of course !!!

But when you can wait a while...Sony's DRU-500A (DVD-RW/+RW) comes out soon...it is one of the best DVD writer in many tests.
It can burn DVD-R/-RW and DVD+R/RW series. This burner is probably the first one which can both.

this drive offers combined DVD+RW, DVD+R and CD-RW recording, and will read DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, CD-R and DVD Recordable discs. With up to 4.7 GB capacity, these drives will record 1 GB in about five minutes, coupled with a background formatting time of 2 – 3 minutes

Cheers Angel !

Sony-writer:

http://tomshardware.bizrate.com/mar...--6786886,de_id--371,name--Sony DRU-500A.html

2.4X max. DVD+R Write; 2.4X max. DVD+RW Write; 4X max. DVD-R Write; 2X max. DVD-RW Write; 8X max. DVD-ROM Read

4X, 12X, 16X, 24Xmax. CD-R Write; 4X, 10X max. CD-RW Write, 32X max. CD-ROM Read Random Access Time:
DVD: 200ms
CD: 160ms

Buffer Memory: 8MB

Buffer Underrun Protection Technology

Supported disc format: DVD-ROM, DVD R, DVD RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM (XA), Video CD, Photo CD (multi-session), CD Text, CD Extra and others.

Software Contents:
Veritas RecordNow: Recording Software
Vertias DLA: Packet Writing Software
Sonic MyDVD: DVD Authoring Software
Cyberlink PowerDVD: DVD-Video Playing software
Vertias Simple Back-Up: Back-Up and Disaster recovery software
MusicMatch Jukebox: Play, Record, and Organize your personal music

System Requirements:
Pentium III 400 Mhz (MyDVD: Pentium III 700 Mhz) or faster PC recommended.
Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP Home or Professional
64 MB of RAM (MyDVD: 128 MB) and 1 GB (MyDVD: 5 GB) free HDD space is recommended

I see on US-sites is the new sony DVD writer already available for a very good price $321.81, but not in germany. :(

The amazing new DRU-500A burns DVD-R/-RW, DVD+RW/+R, and even CD-R/CD-RW discs.* Internal EIDE drive includes an impressive, industry standard software bundle and is compatible with Windows® 98SE/2000, Windows ME and Windows XP operating systems. * DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs recorded on this drive may not play back on some older or entry-level DVD systems. The write-once DVD+R or DVD-R discs are more compatible for interchange with other DVD systems.

thanks DA for all this gr8 infomation

i might wait a few months to get a faster and better quality drive :)

thanks again :)

Iam looking for one as well

But as they are not 100% with which format to go with yet i will to leave it for abit,

it's just like when video first came out VHS or Beta, and we know what happed there...............

Gazer.

Back