Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Benq

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Hitachi

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Sammy

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
I bet you that no one on here manages to come back online.

Right, I know I am temping fate here but my lads hasn't been banned in 8 months or so. His firmware was the one done when we bought the console 3 years ago, I don't know if this helps. I even loaded up FIFA 10 and thought that had probably been a mistake after reading here.

His drive is a Samsung (25 is it?)

is there a way of finding the firmware without opening the box up etc ?

Tis defintely firmware being detected...I personally know of someone who had a flashed liteon with 1.6 but hadn't bother getting any verbs so was only playing his originals till the verbs turned up....And guess what he is banned too!!!

Right, I know I am temping fate here but my lads hasn't been banned in 8 months or so. His firmware was the one done when we bought the console 3 years ago, I don't know if this helps. I even loaded up FIFA 10 and thought that had probably been a mistake after reading here.

His drive is a Samsung (25 is it?)

is there a way of finding the firmware without opening the box up etc ?

Afraid not mate, you'd need to read the firmware from the drive.

Sammys come in either ms25 or ms28 flavours, blimming good drives.

The Ba**ards got me, recently updated my Benq firmware from 1.51 to 1.61 to play Tekken and switched the Xbox on last night to have a crack at Bioshock and the ban screen came on. I wouldn't mind but Tekken's a pile of poo and If I'd have known I wouldn't have bothered trying the game out. I don't play online so no big deal anyway, its just the fact that the Xbox has been running firmware now for just over 2 years and they finally got me.

Liam

P.S. looks like I will have to blow the dust off an old Hitachi which was donated if I need to up my gamerscore. Anyway off to play some Call Of Duty now and f**k Microshaft.

Last edited:
l would love to know if anyone is still online with the very old f/w , looks like 1.51 and above at the moment

my liteon 1.6 was fine this am, replaced it with benq 1.61 spoofed as liteon and instant ban. Maybe a coincidence, no new disks played etc

Hitachi here with 1.51 on it. Just think it's random

Friend of mine has a modded Hitachi 1.51 - been on live for ages and all his games are abgx checked and nothing played early got banned yesterday!! The only thing he did new was set up sky player thing!!??

It would seem that Microsoft are happily banning unmodified consoles as well, without any concern. Is this because Christmas is around the corner and some major games are about to be released so that they can shift a few more consoles? Or am I just being an old cynic?

Liam

It would seem that Microsoft are happily banning unmodified consoles as well, without any concern. Is this because Christmas is around the corner and some major games are about to be released so that they can shift a few more consoles? Or am I just being an old cynic?

Liam

have u any info on this un modified boxes

Have a look here and read a few of the recent posts. There are quite a few posts that may you think twice.

Liam

Have a look here and read a few of the recent posts. There are quite a few posts that may you think twice.

Liam

lol, xbox-scene.

That place is full of 13 year old Americans., who swear blind they did nothing wrong.

I'm sure if you read for long enough, someone will claim that Microsoft have banned their PS3.

The only thing I have done any different was use the activate.iso disc to play some Wave 4 games. Prior to this I have had no problems what so ever.

ah bollix forgot about that, was hoping a mod would have edited the post so you can vote more than once....so we get a better picture.

Will ask a mod if they can change it so you can vote more than once.

Back