What does "Exit Code 5" mean?

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a call from my friend who has my old TM Twin, and he says the box has been fine since we did the upgrade to the latest OpenPLI image, but today has started going into an infinite loop of rebooting itself, occassionally showing a green screen and "exit code 5".

My friend is not very technical, so that's the best description I can get for now, but I did Google "exit code 5" and it appears to be a software issue.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what to try, look for, etc? I'm looking at things I could do before going down to my friend's again!

Remove any USB flash drives and disconnect internal hard drive if conencted and try booting up. If nothing changes, Try reflashing the image.
If it's still doing the same after that, contact TM Tech support and get it fixed under warranty...

a greenscreen should mean theres a crashlog on the hdd, which would contain all the details of the error

F1Mad, Your right! my dad isn't very technical at all! its to do with the AutoTimer function,
im guessing its a plugin crash and that i need to delete the AutoTimer plugin and reinstall?

F1Mad, Your right! my dad isn't very technical at all! its to do with the AutoTimer function,
im guessing its a plugin crash and that i need to delete the AutoTimer plugin and reinstall?

Millhouse, I think you were spot on about the Autotimer plugin, but because the box kept rebooting as soon as it came up, I couldn't see how this could be fixed.

Anyway, now that I'd installed the latest 4D image properly, I'm hoping that it's been working better?

Back