What do you think of this?

Last edited:
them do look interesing but just a quick question does the size of the dish matter?

would it be better if i was to get a 120inch rather than a 90

them do look interesing but just a quick question does the size of the dish matter?

would it be better if i was to get a 120inch rather than a 90

the bigger the better m8(better signal) but have a look in one of the satellite sections to see what size u can have upto without planning permission,i think it 1 metre but i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong and as for a 120inch it would be like having a flying saucer on the side of your house lmfao,,i think you mean 120cm

ok mate will look now at the permission thing.So its cm not inch's silly me,Where i live there is no house's etc at the back of me so i doubt there would be and problems with plannin permission thats if i bother.

i mostly just want this setup for the footie sport etc.

Dont ask for planning permission as it will definately be refused!!!
Anyway the limit is 90cm without planning but this means that most people will stretch to 1m as you cant really tell the difference and chances are that no enforcer will bother climbing up on your roof to measure critically if it looks ok.
As for getting anything larger then its best to have it fitted in a garden area or somewhere that isnt seen by neighbours, then nobody will complain.
The bigger the dish = the more signal, which means you may pick up weaker sats and have more choice. Most footie will be fine on 80cm dishes tho, its just personal choice.

thanks alot pink will look into that then mate i am goint o get that techno receiver in my previous thread,i wouldnt ask for the plannin permission,just put the dam thing up and lets have a play eh

Hi m8s....Remember Digidude telling me that its been changed.....think it was a single 90cm without planning permission but now you can have 2 dishes the largest is to a max of 1mtr and the smaller can be no bigger than 60cm.....They changed the rules a few months after he put mine in....:(

As long as the dish has a good gain you don;t need to go over 1m

Back