what do you think about the 5100 pvr

ashbash

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking for your thoughts on the eurovox 5100 pvr ? my mate wants to get a new box and he would like to get one of these. he asked me about them but i don't know anything about them so i thought i would ask for your thought on these box's. are they simple enough to use? especially the pvr function and are the stable? he has a clone 500c just now and its really temperamental sometimes it stutters and starts then other times its fine, so i would like to point him towards a box that's hopefully a bit better. he paid £150 for his clone 500c a few years back and he can now get a Eurovox 5100 with a 120gb hard drive for the same money it does not seem that bad he is just worried about getting it and finding it either too complicated to use or even worse than his clone 500c at stuttering and starting.

looking for your thoughts on the eurovox 5100 pvr ? my mate wants to get a new box and he would like to get one of these. he asked me about them but i don't know anything about them so i thought i would ask for your thought on these box's. are they simple enough to use? especially the pvr function and are the stable? he has a clone 500c just now and its really temperamental sometimes it stutters and starts then other times its fine, so i would like to point him towards a box that's hopefully a bit better. he paid £150 for his clone 500c a few years back and he can now get a Eurovox 5100 with a 120gb hard drive for the same money it does not seem that bad he is just worried about getting it and finding it either too complicated to use or even worse than his clone 500c at stuttering and starting.

They are easy to use - Just need to get the right hard-drive as one I done for a friend was tempremental until I fitted a Seagate HD .....I've heard the Starview with external Usb HD is ok though - Also updates via Usb when required !

They are easy to use - Just need to get the right hard-drive as one I done for a friend was tempremental until I fitted a Seagate HD .....I've heard the Starview with external Usb HD is ok though - Also updates via Usb when required !

Hi Mate i also have one of these and they are easy and it seems good box. I havent got round to putting a hard drive in yet does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a seagate 120 from

Thanks

i have one of these boxes with HDD fitted and there great.

A little tip though, once you plop a HDD if you find that your recordings are not in sync with th sound then record 90 seconds from a FTA channel, like BBC news and leave that as your 1st recording then all your other recordings will be in sync.

Good boxes, only thing i miss is not being able to access it via ethernet like the dream.

I fitted an Hitachi 40gb on mine works perfect.. So easy to use, and yes as stated earlier record something for a few minutes so your future recordings are in sync..

well after it all he ended up getting a 1000 box ? just to be a pain in the arse lol. i have just flashed it for him (UFL_EX1000SL_v1-0_DarX) but i can only get the fta to work so i tried the keys manually (menu / yellow button) but still nothing all i get is pleas wait code being updated... i tried to read a few post but i cant see how to switch any cams or anything on i read in one post about going into the system info and pressing 1004 or something but that no good for me it just exits to the previous menu so I'm lost i did another mate eurovox ages ago and never had any of this hassle not sure what going on but i have the feeling its something simple, hopefully lol

Back