What discs do you use?

scott-ayling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of discs does everyone use and what speed to you burn your discs at, i have been using asda dvd-r disc with img burn burning at 8x speed tried burning at 16x but no worky for me i use to always burn at 2.4x as the discs i used before cant mind what type they were as they were full face printable and i never kept the sleeve but if i burned faster than 2.4 games just would not work. So iwould defo reccomend asda discs if your in doin your weekly shopping and need some discs think it under a fiver for 25 of them

Just Over £6 quid mate for 50 datawrite titaniums vx2 from ukdvdr and i believe svp burn at 2x for me works all the time

Ridisc x16dvd+r printable from ukdvdr burnt at 4 speed on my chipped/soft modded two month old machine with 3.4 f/w. Only problem I get is with region 1 scrubbed games converted to region 2 with regionfrii. Un scrubbed region1 to region 2 are no problem.

I use Verbatim Printable DVD-Rs, burn at 8x and they seem to work fine, can also print a nice pic aswell rather then hand written labels :)

I can agree with the Verbatim Fan-club, seem to be the best,however A friend of mine is using SONY, and Memorex, burning out at 8x Speed. He says games are working better burning faster, who am I to argue.
Just avoid cheap or unknown brands of disk seems the best advice.
I have had success with RiDisc+R, but My Preference is Verbatim -R, burning at 2.4 - 4x, Using ImgBurn software, As of yet I have not burnt faster than 4x but understand good quality media can produce equally good results at a faster speed. dont go fast unless you need to. (Bit Like the driving experience on British Roads I thinks)

Last edited:
Verbatim and Ridisc have not let me down yet.

I've had no end of grief with Philips -r's so i'd steer clear of them.

I use £6 for 50 A-one disks.

Anything with Ritek dye seems good for me.

Had trouble with Mirror a while back I think.

Messa

I have been using Fujifilm dvd-rs £4.00 for 25 from local Buyology store for WII games and have not had 1 disc that aint worked yet(over 60 burnt).Burnin them at 2x speed.Havent tried a higher speed as if it works leave it..lol

do you use any particualar settings as none of the games are burning for me
when i use philips dvd+r they all work but verbs dvd-r r all non workers

I always used Ritek G05 printable's but good quality ones are getting harder to find so the last ones I bought were a pack of verb printable which gave good results and I also got a tub of Taiyo yuden scratch proof to try them and the results were fantastic, the best printed labels I've seen and they are a lot tougher and harder to scratch than anything else I've used but the downside is they are £46 a hundred but still worth it for using on the kids games as they kept leaving the old discs lying about and they were all scratched and f**ked in no time so you were having to keep replacing them.

I burn everything at X2 with imgburn ( or thought I did ) until I noticed that even although I had set it to burn @ X2 it was really burning @ X4 cause that was the slowest supported speed but not a coaster yet

Back